Lonely bbq

Sherman Watkins

Jul 2, 2022, 9:05:14 PM7/2/22
to smokeringbbq
Had lunch today at possibly the loneliest BBQ trailer in the US. It was in Silver Gate, Montana, one mile from the currently closed NE gate to Yellowstone National Park.  The primary tourist route into the area, The Beartooth Hwy, is also closed. 12:15 a holiday weekend Saturday and we were the only customers. No potential customers even drove by.
It's  not a destination BBQ joint but we pretended it was.
20220702_122141.jpg

Lucy Baker

Jul 2, 2022, 9:27:29 PM7/2/22
to smoker...@googlegroups.com
Wow!  Bless their hearts, and yours as well. That was probably a great spot not too long ago. I hope it was good!!

Sent from my iPhone.

On Jul 2, 2022, at 6:05 PM, Sherman Watkins <tankw...@gmail.com> wrote:

Had lunch today at possibly the loneliest BBQ trailer in the US. It was in Silver Gate, Montana, one mile from the currently closed NE gate to Yellowstone National Park.  The primary tourist route into the area, The Beartooth Hwy, is also closed. 12:15 a holiday weekend Saturday and we were the only customers. No potential customers even drove by.
It's  not a destination BBQ joint but we pretended it was.

Wanna talk trash instead of barbecue? Go to the Backporch
http://groups.google.com/group/smoke-ring-backporch
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "The Smoke Ring BBQ List" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/smokeringbbq/CAHOBE5brqV4fnVLO1XNvT6w9kZmgberUOh_rTXS-26hS1cSx2g%40mail.gmail.com.
20220702_122141.jpg

Robert King

Jul 2, 2022, 9:45:24 PM7/2/22
to The Smoke Ring
No hopes of Yellowstone opening anytime soon? Thats a big bummer for them. Don’t even know how they can stay open.

What is everybody doing for the 4th? I picked up a brisket at Walmart. $55 I think. Probably trimmed 10lbs of fat off haha. Been a couple years since I cooked one. Going to cook it tomorrow with some family coming over.

Since no extra family on the 4th going to grill some steaks!

Robert King

On Jul 2, 2022, at 6:04 PM, Sherman Watkins <tankw...@gmail.com> wrote:

Had lunch today at possibly the loneliest BBQ trailer in the US. It was in Silver Gate, Montana, one mile from the currently closed NE gate to Yellowstone National Park.  The primary tourist route into the area, The Beartooth Hwy, is also closed. 12:15 a holiday weekend Saturday and we were the only customers. No potential customers even drove by.
It's  not a destination BBQ joint but we pretended it was.

Wanna talk trash instead of barbecue? Go to the Backporch
http://groups.google.com/group/smoke-ring-backporch
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "The Smoke Ring BBQ List" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/smokeringbbq/CAHOBE5brqV4fnVLO1XNvT6w9kZmgberUOh_rTXS-26hS1cSx2g%40mail.gmail.com.
<20220702_122141.jpg>

Lucy Baker

Jul 2, 2022, 9:51:07 PM7/2/22
to smoker...@googlegroups.com
We got out of Long Beach to escape the fire works. Having a fun weekend in the mountains!

Speaking of brisket, I recently made pastrami!!  SO good!!

Sent from my iPhone.

On Jul 2, 2022, at 6:45 PM, Robert King <rob...@schmittysbbq.com> wrote:

No hopes of Yellowstone opening anytime soon? Thats a big bummer for them. Don’t even know how they can stay open.

Robert King

Jul 2, 2022, 9:56:22 PM7/2/22
to The Smoke Ring
Yeah it gets crazy on LB. Last year in Anaheim we had a show in the front yard then went to the back for another show. Would think it was a real show put on! Will see what this year brings.

I’ve been wanting to make pastrami but was too busy and forgot to pick some corned beef up in March. Bet it was good. Pastrami is my favorite.

Robert King

Joe Whittel

Jul 2, 2022, 10:09:47 PM7/2/22
to The official Smoke Ring BBQ list
Picked up a couple of boneless pork butts, going to cut into 1.5 inch steaks, rub Smoke until 195.  Cherry BBQ sauce.   From episode of symons dinners.  Give it A triy

JEFF QUADE

Jul 2, 2022, 10:27:13 PM7/2/22
to smoker...@googlegroups.com, Joe Whittel
Poor man's burnt ends, 2 smoked tri tips and a pan of smoked queso.