Heresy

Lucy Baker

Dec 7, 2021, 6:42:31 PM12/7/21
to bbq bbq
Hello all. I have a friend who is very new to bbq-ing and has recently been given an electric smoker. I do not know what brand. Can anyone recommend a how-to book for an electric rookie? I thought Gary’s "Low and Slow” had a blurb on these, but it doesn’t, but this is the type of instruction I’d like to find.

I hope all of you are well. It’s almost raining in SoCal!!!! Yippee!!

Lucy

Bryan Foltz

Dec 7, 2021, 7:30:02 PM12/7/21
to smoker...@googlegroups.com
Please don’t let Gary hear you say that! He might blow a gasket!

I have a friend who uses an electric pellet smoker. He’s got a bad back and this works for him. Nothing wrong with that!

I don’t have any good sources but you might check some of the websites like amazingribs etc.

Bryan

> On Dec 7, 2021, at 5:42 PM, 'Lucy Baker' via The Smoke Ring BBQ List <smoker...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>
> Hello all. I have a friend who is very new to bbq-ing and has recently been given an electric smoker. I do not know what brand. Can anyone recommend a how-to book for an electric rookie? I thought Gary’s "Low and Slow” had a blurb on these, but it doesn’t, but this is the type of instruction I’d like to find.
>
> I hope all of you are well. It’s almost raining in SoCal!!!! Yippee!!
>
> Lucy
>
> --
> Wanna talk trash instead of barbecue? Go to the Backporch
> http://groups.google.com/group/smoke-ring-backporch
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "The Smoke Ring BBQ List" group.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/smokeringbbq/A4DCE319-1DCD-4B23-8D67-D5A224251140%40me.com.

Lucy Baker

Dec 7, 2021, 7:32:23 PM12/7/21
to bbq bbq
Thanks, Brian. And mum’s the word!!
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/smokeringbbq/58D34A5F-D1A7-4D97-86F4-28FF1ADBB277%40gmail.com.

Sherman Watkins

Dec 7, 2021, 7:51:15 PM12/7/21
to smokeringbbq
I've  got a new pressure  cooker and with a sprinkling of bottled smoke I can turn out something amazing in just half an hour. 🍖🌭👹

Lucy Baker

Dec 7, 2021, 8:01:08 PM12/7/21
to bbq bbq

Merrill Powers

Dec 7, 2021, 8:23:33 PM12/7/21
to smoker...@googlegroups.com
Lucy,
There is some great info on YouTube. If they search “using electric smoker” or by name brand, they will get what they need. If it is digital, they are mostly set and forget. You just have to add some wood once in a while. We won a Masterbuilt electric at a Cabela’s competition…which was really kind of funny for a KCBS event that didn’t allow gas or electric!

Sent from my iPhone

> On Dec 7, 2021, at 5:42 PM, 'Lucy Baker' via The Smoke Ring BBQ List <smoker...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>
> Hello all. I have a friend who is very new to bbq-ing and has recently been given an electric smoker. I do not know what brand. Can anyone recommend a how-to book for an electric rookie? I thought Gary’s "Low and Slow” had a blurb on these, but it doesn’t, but this is the type of instruction I’d like to find.
>
> I hope all of you are well. It’s almost raining in SoCal!!!! Yippee!!
>
> Lucy

Lucy Baker

Dec 7, 2021, 8:27:27 PM12/7/21
to bbq bbq
Thanks Merrill. YouTube sounds too easy! Thanks, I didn’t even think of that.
Lucy
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/smokeringbbq/04C3846D-646A-41C4-B3D3-4BAA1A77853B%40comcast.net.

Merrill Powers

Dec 7, 2021, 8:31:32 PM12/7/21
to smoker...@googlegroups.com
A few months ago I replaced the control board on my dishwasher while watching a how-to on YouTube. It worked, so must have been good info!

Sent from my iPhone

> On Dec 7, 2021, at 7:27 PM, 'Lucy Baker' via The Smoke Ring BBQ List <smoker...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks Merrill. YouTube sounds too easy! Thanks, I didn’t even think of that.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/smokeringbbq/A3A3451C-8845-47FD-A180-9873B95FEA51%40me.com.

Joe Whittel

Dec 7, 2021, 9:33:43 PM12/7/21
to The official Smoke Ring BBQ list
Gary has a whole chapter devoted to gas and electric smokers

Joe