Black Screen

cleaninter...@gmail.com

Oct 31, 2013, 10:04:06 AM10/31/13
to SmartDo...@googlegroups.com
A Samsung Galaxy s3 Mini with a black screen BUT I still have "Remote Web Desktop" running on it.

PLEASE tell me how to backup my SMS and Contacts.

I've tried all kinds of options via Terminal Emulator but CANNOT su ... so think I'm going nowhere unless/until I do.

I've tried installing e.g. MyPhoneExplorer (what is the apk name for that?) and also running previously installed SMSBackupRestore but they didn't work.

Worst case I figured if I could copy the mmssms.DB I could possible copy it back on to my temp phone and see if it works there - but again stymied by lack of su.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

The Computer Guy

Sep 28, 2015, 4:42:32 PM9/28/15
to SmartDo...@googlegroups.com
You can connect a mini usb to HDMI cable to your TV if your screen has died. you can get one at Walmart for cheap. Worth a shot.