ftp server speed

1 view

bsbo...@gmail.com

Apr 14, 2013, 4:26:22 AM4/14/13
to SmartDo...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I use Remote Web Desktop Full and its ftp server to sync some folders to my PC, but the speed remains very low, about 80 KB/sec. What am I doing wrong? I haven't found a better way to sync a folder on my Galaxy S3 than using Total Commander "Sync Dirs" which I'm familiar with.

Thank you for this conviniet and useful app!

dsimpson

Apr 15, 2013, 11:27:40 AM4/15/13
to SmartDo...@googlegroups.com, bsbo...@gmail.com
I use the same basic setup, and the main reason I use Remote Desktop Full, as at the time, it was the fastest, most stable FTP server I tried.  I get MUCH better speed.  (I use BestSync, but used other FTP clients, and have about the same speed as it)  I'll try and do a speed test tonight.

Where are you storing your data?  (internal or SD card?)  Mines on a class 10 SDcard.  Is your WiFi stable/fast to other sites?  (trying to trouble shoot the issue)

John Huang

Apr 15, 2013, 11:26:29 PM4/15/13
to SmartDo...@googlegroups.com

Do you mean the ftp file? It's saved in SD card.

I am not sure what's about "to other sites". RWD can't connect to other sites.

Thanks,
John

sent from my galaxy nexus.

在 2013-4-15 下午11:27,"dsimpson" <matth...@gmail.com>写道:
I use the same basic setup, and the main reason I use Remote Desktop Full, as at the time, it was the fastest, most stable FTP server I tried.  I get MUCH better speed.  (I use BestSync, but used other FTP clients, and have about the same speed as it)  I'll try and do a speed test tonight.

Where are you storing your data?  (internal or SD card?)  Mines on a class 10 SDcard.  Is your WiFi stable/fast to other sites?  (trying to trouble shoot the issue)

bsbo...@gmail.com

Apr 15, 2013, 11:45:03 PM4/15/13
to SmartDo...@googlegroups.com

I get the same ftp speed from the internal phone card and from my 32 GB class 4 or class 6, don't remember what it was. I've tried a class 10 card but my Galaxy S3 didn't like. It worked like a charm in Experia Arc though. S3 is picky on cards.

I tried Filezilla last night, and it gave me 5-6 Mb/s transfer. So, the problem wasn't in RWD. Then I dug in the settings of my favorite Total Commander, and it happened that the default upload buffer blocks for ftp were too small. I set them up bigger, and now I got a solid improvement of about 2 Mb/s. It's still not the full speed capability, but it's workable. I like its sync dir feature though. I'm not aware of another piece of software that can sync local files with ftp.