Followup Info, WAR Annual Meeting and Party, 7:00pm on Saturday, December 11

jde...@email.gwu.edu

Dec 4, 2021, 12:44:16 PM12/4/21
to ska...@googlegroups.com, Andrew Barabasz, Anthony Dunn, Carl Ford, Danny Donoghue, David Churchill, George Marinkovich, Ivana Vukolic, Jackeline Soto, Jesse Freeman, Jonathan Deason, Ph.D., P.E. - George Washington University, Malik Lloyd, Maureen Harrington, Patricia Pierre, Susan Burgerman

Dear Skaters,

Here’s a follow-up message providing some detail for our December 11 WAR Annual Meeting and Party. Please let me know via return email if you plan to attend.

  • The party will be on Saturday, December 11, starting at 7:00 PM, at my townhouse in Rosslyn, Virginia. ALL SKATERS ARE WELCOME TO ATTEND, not just the Board.  As we have for the past five years, we'll have a potluck dinner followed by our annual business meeting.

  • To ensure everyone’s safety, I request that everyone attending be fully vaccinated. If you are not vaccinated, please respect that request and skip this year’s meeting. Wearing a mask also would be appreciated.

  • Our place is easy to get to, just four blocks from the Rosslyn Metro station.  For those who prefer to drive, we are located just behind the Iwo Jima Memorial in south Rosslyn and there is plenty of parking here.  Because our listserve doesn’t allow attachments, I've posted a map of the area, a photo of what our development looks like and some instructions about how to get here from the Rosslyn Metro station on the WAR Facebook events page.

  • Although not at all necessary, if you plan to bring something for our potluck dinner, it would be very helpful and highly appreciated if you would send me some idea of what you think you might bring. Don’t worry if you don’t know for sure – just a guess would be fine.

  • The agenda for the Annual Meeting is below.  If you have any questions, please let me know at jde...@gwu.edu or 703-346-0114 (cell).

Please let me know if you have any questions. Looking forward to seeing you next Saturday!

Regards,

Jon

Jonathan P. Deason, Ph.D.

President, Washington Area Roadskaters

Member, National Skate Patrol Board of Directors

jde...@gwu.edu

202-994-4827 (Work)

703-346-0114 (Cell)

http://www.skatedc.org

https://www.facebook.com/groups/WashingtonAreaRoadskaters

http://www.meetup.com/Washington-Area-Roadskaters

http://www.skatedc.org/forum

http://nationalskatepatrol.org

AGENDA

Washington Area Roadskaters

7:00 PM, Saturday, December 11, 2021

1331 N. 14th St., Arlington, VA

703-346-0114

  1. Introductions - Jon

  1. Administrative Update - Trish

·       Tax filing

·       Bank accounts

  1. Board Elections - Jon

  1. Presentation on WAR Skate Lessons and Website - Andrew

  1. Discussion of WAR Instagram Site (@weareskatedc) – Tim

  1. Planning for 2022 WAR Activities
  • Inaugural Skate
  • SkateDC Weekend
  • Skate of the Union
  • July 4th Skates
  • Kent Island Skate
  • Eastern Shore Skate
  • Halloween Skate
  • National Harbor Skate -
  • T-Shirts

  1. Identification of 2022 Skate Leaders

·       Tuesday-Thursday After Work Skates

·       Wednesday Night Skates

·       Friday Night Skates

·       Sunday Skates

  1. WAR Internet Presence – David and Tim

  1. National Skate Patrol - Malik

  1. Other Topics

  1. Adjournment