Skate Kent Island Sunday!

1 view

David

Sep 10, 2019, 6:39:00 PM9/10/19
to Skate DC with Washington Area Roadskaters
First we'll skate the cross-island trail which is a scenic, flat, well-paved, no-traffic, path across the north end of the island. It's about 5 miles each way, or 10 miles total! We'll stop for lunch so bring a picnic or pick something up nearby.

Then for those that want to, we will head 3.5 miles south to Matapeake State Park to the trailhead of the South Island Trail, and skate to Romancoke, which will be 14 miles round trip (7 miles each way)

There is a beach near the Matapeake parking area so if you're in the mood for a dip after a long skate, a beach towel and bathing suit would be a good idea too!

These are great paths for quad skaters! Friends on bikes are also encouraged.

Meet at 11 at the Cross-Island trailhead in Terrapin Nature Area.
191 Log Canoe Cir, Stevensville, MD 21666

(It is about an hour from the DC beltway)

After crossing over the Bay Bridge on Route 50 (and paying the toll), take the first exit, Route 8 Stevenville.
At the top of the exit ramp, make a left onto Route 8 at the light, crossing over Route 50.
At the next traffic light (Skipjack Pkwy), make a left into Chesapeake Bay Business Park.
The road will come to a tee. Make a left here and follow the circle road around the Business park to the Terrapin Nature Area.

Organize Carpools/RSVP/ And see updates on the Facebook page:

RSVP on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/events/538583213575506/ (requires an invite from a friend who is a participant... let me know if you need one)

RSVP on Meetup:
https://www.meetup.com/Washington-Area-Roadskaters/events/264219465