Rollerblades porblem: sore ankle

Catherine Satterlee

Oct 30, 2021, 12:36:06 PM10/30/21
to Skate DC with Washington Area Roadskaters
Hi All, I had to give up rollerblading 10 years ago because I couldn't find any skates that didn't cause pain on my right ankle. I thought about getting boots without ankle supports, but they come without brakes, and I couldn't handle that.
Any words of wisdom would be appreciated.
Catherine

krac...@aol.com

Oct 30, 2021, 12:52:48 PM10/30/21
to catherine...@gmail.com, Ska...@googlegroups.com
Catherine,
    Look on the Roller Blade Web Site

OR

There are others...

Anthony

cpatch

Oct 30, 2021, 2:07:27 PM10/30/21
to Catherine Satterlee, Skate DC with Washington Area Roadskaters
Pay attention to how you are setting down your right skate. If you pronate (where the right skate collapses to the inside) you could benefit from a hardshell skate or even better look for skates where the boot can be moved on the frame. Moving the boot to the outside will help you come down on the center of the frame/wheels.These tend to be more expensive. Buy the best skate you can afford then take them to Brian at Pro Fit Ski in Leesburg. He is a fantastic boot fitter. He fits my skates, ski boots and even bike shoes. It makes a difference and is not terribly expensive.

Aside from the above you can correct pronation (if that is your problem...only guessing on this) by focusing on how you set down and keeping the skates from caving in. Keeping your knees together until you absolutely have to separate them is good to practice.