Passing of Billy English

jde...@email.gwu.edu

Nov 2, 2020, 7:40:13 PM11/2/20
to Andrew Barabasz, Anthony Dunn, Carl Ford, Danny Donoghue, David Churchill, George Marinkovich, Ivana Vukolic, Jackeline Soto, Jesse Freeman, Malik Lloyd, Maureen Harrington, Patricia Pierre, Susan Burgerman, Steve Bishop, Lindsay Burleigh, Nora Campbell Kennedy, Steve Dawson, MyeongHee Elgibali, Carla Gregor, Kent Gunlicks, Nin...@gmail.com, Christopher Myers, Jim Lipinski, Marc Ostrow, Céline Paradis, Carol Patch, Iryna Payosova, Rudy Roman, ram...@yahoo.com, Fabio Solano, Elisabeth Deason, Kristin Deason, ska...@googlegroups.com

Dear Fellow Skaters,

I’m sorry to pass on the sad news in the message below from Bill English’s sister that came in this afternoon on FB Messenger:

“Dear Jonathan, this is Linda English Hagar, Bill English’s sister. I have some sad news to relate to your fellow skaters who cared for Bill and showed such kindness to both Bill and his son, Billy. Billy passed away this morning suddenly. I’m sure that this tragedy will be very hard on Valerie. If you could quietly let the members of your group know, I’m sure that she would appreciate their love, memories and prayers. Thank you. Linda”

Because of Linda’s request that I quietly let our skaters know, I’ll not put this on Facebook. Val’s contact information is below, which you are welcome to use to reach out to her.  Please feel free to share it with others who knew Bill and Billy but are not included among the email addresses above.

Valerie English

8924 Whitney Street

Silver Spring, MD 20901

valere...@gmail.com

301-537-9455 (Val’s cell)

Regards,

Jon

Jonathan P. Deason, Ph.D.

President, Washington Area Roadskaters

Member, National Skate Patrol Board of Directors

jde...@gwu.edu

202-994-4827 (Work)

703-346-0114 (Cell)

http://www.skatedc.org

https://www.facebook.com/groups/WashingtonAreaRoadskaters

http://www.meetup.com/Washington-Area-Roadskaters

http://www.skatedc.org/forum

http://nationalskatepatrol.org

jde...@email.gwu.edu

Nov 2, 2020, 7:54:40 PM11/2/20
to Andrew Barabasz, Anthony Dunn, Carl Ford, Danny Donoghue, David Churchill, George Marinkovich, Ivana Vukolic, Jackeline Soto, Jesse Freeman, Malik Lloyd, Maureen Harrington, Patricia Pierre, Susan Burgerman, Steve Bishop, Lindsay Burleigh, Nora Campbell Kennedy, Steve Dawson, MyeongHee Elgibali, Carla Gregor, Kent Gunlicks, Nin...@gmail.com, Christopher Myers, Jim Lipinski, Marc Ostrow, Céline Paradis, Carol Patch, Iryna Payosova, Rudy Roman, ram...@yahoo.com, Fabio Solano, Elisabeth Deason, Kristin Deason, ska...@googlegroups.com

Dear Skaters,

Here’s some follow-up information from Linda, just now:

“Thank you, Jonathan. I didn’t think it was appropriate for Facebook, either. Your group was so kind to Bill, Billy and Val and inclusive and thoughtful during Bill’s illness I felt you and your group would want to be aware. There will be no immediate funeral, as Billy will be interred with his Dad at Arlington. There may be a small memorial service at that time, but as of now, that is all that I am aware of. Thank you again, and I wish your group continued success and Roll on in Peace. Linda”

Jon