Just got an error message

macdog

Mar 7, 2007, 9:29:35 PM3/7/07
to Silvern Castle
I was at the Blue Tavern....in camp. I used a Potion of Skill, and
got the following error

SC.CAMP

ERR #107-786

Macdog

Jeff

Mar 7, 2007, 11:19:53 PM3/7/07
to Silvern Castle

Looks like I messed up. The variable that determines which character
the potion gets applied to isn't getting set. This only affects
potions and other magical items that affect character attributes/
skills.

If you have a high-enough level cleric/druid you can identify which
potions/magical items affect attributes/skills and avoid using them
until I release an update.

Or, if you can edit AppleSoft programs you can apply the following
patch:

LOAD SC.CAMP
786 FOR B = 0 TO QQ: A = PS%(T,S) + C: IF A = > 0 AND A < 22 THEN PS%
(T,S) = A
SAVE SC.CAMP

Basically you are changing the first dimension subscript variable of
the PS% array from W to T.

-Jeff

macdog

Mar 8, 2007, 2:45:08 PM3/8/07
to Silvern Castle
i'll give the patch a try. I'm not much of a programmer, but i
welcome the challenge.

Jeff

Mar 8, 2007, 6:17:48 PM3/8/07
to Silvern Castle
On Mar 8, 1:45 pm, "macdog" <bigdog...@gmail.com> wrote:
> i'll give the patch a try. I'm not much of a programmer, but i
> welcome the challenge.

Let me know and I can upload just the patched SC.CAMP file to my
website.

Might be easier than editing the file yourself and waiting for the
full-blown next update release - which may take a few weeks or so.

-Jeff

Jeff

Mar 10, 2007, 12:48:34 AM3/10/07
to Silvern Castle
On Mar 8, 5:17 pm, "Jeff" <fink...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Let me know and I can upload just the patched SC.CAMP file to my
> website.
>
> Might be easier than editing the file yourself and waiting for the
> full-blown next update release - which may take a few weeks or so.

To follow-up, I have uploaded the patched SC.CAMP file to the Silvern
Castle website as a shrinkit file:
http://webpages.milwpc.com/finkjc/silverncastle/downloads/p070309v92.shk

This will fix the #107-786 error when using a potion of skill or
similar magic item.

Looks like I broke it when v9.1 was released when I changed the
internal database array that deals with items that only affect
attributes/skills-but I incorrectly updated the code that interprets
these changes so that certain variables didn't get set properly.

This patch will only work with versions 9.1 and 9.2 of Silvern Castle.
Once you transfer the shrinkit file to your A2 or emulator, just
unpack the SC.CAMP file inside to your Silvern Castle folder,
overwriting the existing file.

Do not attempt to apply this patch to an earlier version - it's not
needed and will certainly cause Silvern to crash.

-Jeff