version 9.2

2 просмотра

bbake...@gmail.com

не прочитано,
27 июл. 2006 г., 12:18:5327.07.2006
– Silvern Castle
I finally made a disk image for my pc. It runs good but I do miss all
my old super characters. ;-)

BTW we demoed version 8.4 at Kfest 2006 because that is the latest I
could find on my hard drive. I do not get to play SC much anymore.
There is just not time for everything. We spend about 20 minutes of my
alloted one hour showing the look and feel.

Paul asked a very good question that I was only partially able to
handle. "How has Silvern Castle changed in the versions?' There must
be a beta file noting the history of changes made and they are
extension. I could not quickly put my finger on it. My hard drive has
been organized a bit better since then.

We also spent another ten minutes or so going over Treasure Hunter.
That is a softdisk game submitted by Jeff Fink long ago. It was on
Softdisk 105.

Jeff

не прочитано,
27 июл. 2006 г., 13:27:1827.07.2006
– Silvern Castle

bbake...@gmail.com wrote:

> BTW we demoed version 8.4 at Kfest 2006 because that is the latest I
> could find on my hard drive. I do not get to play SC much anymore.
> There is just not time for everything. We spend about 20 minutes of my
> alloted one hour showing the look and feel.
>
> Paul asked a very good question that I was only partially able to
> handle. "How has Silvern Castle changed in the versions?' There must
> be a beta file noting the history of changes made and they are
> extension. I could not quickly put my finger on it. My hard drive has
> been organized a bit better since then.

There's a complete list in the READ.ME.FIRST (Tome of Miscellany) on
disk or at my website.

bbake...@gmail.com

не прочитано,
27 июл. 2006 г., 13:31:1627.07.2006
– Silvern Castle
Thanks, I knew I'd seen one. Couldn't remember where. Too late to help
Paul.
But he can look too. ;)

Jeff

не прочитано,
27 июл. 2006 г., 14:03:3327.07.2006
– Silvern Castle

bbake...@gmail.com wrote:
> I finally made a disk image for my pc. It runs good but I do miss all
> my old super characters. ;-)
>
> BTW we demoed version 8.4 at Kfest 2006 because that is the latest I
> could find on my hard drive. I do not get to play SC much anymore.
> There is just not time for everything. We spend about 20 minutes of my
> alloted one hour showing the look and feel.

Bruce, I found a disk imge of Silvern Castle v9.0 you sent me I think
from around kfest 2005 that has a group of super-characters. Send me
an email if you want a copy and I'll update it to v9.2.

bbake...@gmail.com

не прочитано,
28 июл. 2006 г., 10:14:5928.07.2006
– Silvern Castle
Thanks for sending the disk image. I remember trying to send you my
super characters but these are not them.
Perhaps I never was able to get them transferred.
But now I have a blank version 9.2 and one with my characters that were
created on the emulator.
Funny, the characters are named after real people. One of them has
been created an assassin, abreviated ASS on the readied character list.
He took a bit of offense at this and his buddies teased him about it
during the presentation. I think it is funny and hopefully he
understands it was nothing personal. Hey, I was more worried that he
would be upset about his namesake being a hobbit. I guess that does
not bother him. ;)

bbake...@gmail.com

не прочитано,
4 авг. 2006 г., 11:16:0404.08.2006
– Silvern Castle
I am working right now to get MUG installed on my gs. What a mess!
Bill Garber sent me a copy of MUG 1.01. Now I have to get it from a pc
to a gs, by 3.5" floppy.

bbake...@gmail.com

не прочитано,
4 авг. 2006 г., 11:16:0504.08.2006
– Silvern Castle

Jamie Steffens

не прочитано,
4 авг. 2006 г., 11:32:0804.08.2006
– Silvern...@googlegroups.com
I have version 1.0.7 if you need it. Also, you can buy ver 1.2, which I did
a couple weeks ago. The writer still supports the software. I had no
problem transferring it from my pc to my gs by 3.5" floppy. I had no
problem installing it by following the directions in the help file. I can
even snail mail it to you for the cost of the disk and shipping...which
would be nominal. Let me know if I can help.

Macdog.

Jeff

не прочитано,
4 авг. 2006 г., 11:58:4404.08.2006
– Silvern Castle

Did you get a Superdrive controller card?

If I'm not mistaken, you cannot transfer ProDOS or MS-DOS 3.5" disks
except with the Superdrive/controller card combo.

BTW, it is not neccessary to use MUG, just format a 1.6MB ProDOS 3.5"
DS/HD floppy on the GS with your Superdrive, if you use Ciderpress on
the PC, it can read those disks directly-it's much faster

Bruce Baker

не прочитано,
4 авг. 2006 г., 22:21:4404.08.2006
– Silvern Castle
Now you tell me, ;-)

Bruce Baker homepage: www.hal-pc.org/~bbaker/
blog: www.xanga.com/brb4311
The lord is my shepherd I shall not want.

bbake...@gmail.com

не прочитано,
5 авг. 2006 г., 12:48:4205.08.2006
– Silvern Castle
Well, it turns out I don't need MUG as Ciderpress can read prodos 1.44
disks. I will say ciderpress is a horribly executed program on the
front end. It does work, after hours of misses. It seems that the
icons do not do as described.

But finally it seems that if I use the top bar menus and first change
the disk information into a shrinkit file and then convert the shrinkit
file to a disk image it works, usually.

But one cannot convert the disk directly into a disk image no matter
what one does. All you get is an empty disk if you do that or if you
try to do it from the icon bar. Sigh. But it does work, after a lot
of tinkering.

macdog

не прочитано,
14 авг. 2006 г., 21:19:5414.08.2006
– Silvern Castle
Just a fyi...version 1.2 is available, directly from the author. I
purchased it a few weeks ago and it works spendidly. This is
shareware, and still activly supported it seems. That is why i paid
the registration fee.

Macdog.

Ответить всем
Отправить сообщение автору