Problem Downloading

toolbox

Oct 16, 2020, 1:26:20 PM10/16/20
to Shoebox/Toolbox Field Linguist's Toolbox
Today when we tried to download from the SIL Toolbox site using the Chrome browser, we were dismayed to get this response:
          (File) can't be downloaded securely
There is an option to Discard the download. There is also a small uparrow (^) next to the Discard button and it offers "Keep" as an option. If you click on Keep, the download will be kept.

Or, you can go to the bottom of the Downloads page, where you will see this message:
         If you have problems downloading from this page, some of the files on this page
         may also be found here.
The link takes you to our AngelFire site where the downloads actually are. There was no problem downloading from there.

We had the AngelFire site checked and it's clean. We don't know why Chrome objects on some machines. Edge worked with no objection.

Toolbox Support

Hugh Paterson III

Oct 17, 2020, 4:30:34 AM10/17/20
to Shoebox/Toolbox Field Linguist's Toolbox
Is there a reason you don't use github to distribute releases?

ToolBox Support

Oct 22, 2020, 9:57:53 AM10/22/20
to shoeboxtoolbox-fiel...@googlegroups.com
Toolbox is an SIL product and we use the SIL site for distribution.