Duplicate records + replacing a symbol

Oumar Bah

Oct 20, 2018, 7:53:07 AM10/20/18
to Shoebox/Toolbox Field Linguist's Toolbox
Dear colleagues

After importing a csv file via Sheet Weeper into Toolbox, I end up with a lot of duplicate records: the sense numbers 1,2 are split in record 1, record 2 instead of one record with two sense numbers. The merge function seems to apply only for two databases, not for the same database. Is there a way to automate this merge process?
Another issue: can anyone help with a cc table (or regex) that can look after the tilde (~) in the example fields and replace it with the headword? In the mentioned database the tilde symbol holds the place of the headword in the vernacular example sentence, just according to the practice in classic lexicography. I find that approach now inadequate especially for new literate persons. So basically, the cc table should look at each record under \lx and replace ~ with the headword. Is this possible?

Thank you a lot.

Best regards
Oumar

ToolBox Support

Oct 20, 2018, 9:42:09 AM10/20/18
to shoeboxtoolbox-fiel...@googlegroups.com
Both of these sound like fairly easy CC tables. If you send your data file to us
at toolbox @ sil.org, we will try to fix it up in the ways you want.
-- Toolbox support

Message has been deleted

toolbox

Oct 20, 2018, 11:01:11 PM10/20/18
to Shoebox/Toolbox Field Linguist's Toolbox
Hi, Oumar,

I deleted your second post because I assume you didn't mean to send your data to everyone. Some folk, like me, get the message immediately and I can't undo that. But at least it won't be floating around generally available.

To everybody -- when I ask you to send data, I mean to send it to Toolbox @ sil.org. If you choose to post it to the world, that's your prerogative, but generally I assume that you aren't necessarily ready to spread it all over.

Toolbox Support