Allow higher resolution icon scaling?

Hiram Ring

Mar 24, 2020, 1:28:53 AM3/24/20
to Shoebox/Toolbox Field Linguist's Toolbox
I have recently been playing around with settings in my Wine configuration of Toolbox to allow the use of native (retina) resolution on my Mac. If you are using a Wine port, you can follow instructions here (https://gist.github.com/mcxiaoke/bd0c779a01f21baad787f49e7b330faa) to enable retina support using the native Mac driver.

However, while font scaling works great, and within Toolbox you can change the font size of markers (from the menu 'View' > 'Marker Font'), the toolbar icons and the information on the lower 'control' bar remain tiny (see attached screenshot). Is there a fix for this?

Thanks,
Hiram

Screen Shot 2020-03-24 at 1.16.47 PM.png

ToolBox Support

Mar 24, 2020, 6:34:44 PM3/24/20
to shoeboxtoolbox-fiel...@googlegroups.com
Dear Hiram,

Thank you for the report and the bitmap. Glad you are having success using the retina resolution.

I'm sorry, but I can't see any way those icons could be enlarged. Hopefully they are still big enough
that you can click on them if you want to. One workaround is that they all have keyboard
shortcuts, which light up when you let the mouse cursor rest on the button.

Hopefully the small information on the bottom doesn't matter much. It looks like it is probably
still readable. The project name is not important information, and does not change. The record
number is sometimes useful, but most of the time it is not significant.

-- Toolbox development and support, Alan Buseman

Kim Blewett (gmail)

Nov 5, 2021, 12:37:06 AM11/5/21
to shoeboxtoolbox-fiel...@googlegroups.com, ToolBox Support

I just remembered the View Menu item "Use large controls." Seems like this used to do something to the icons and gui text in the old days; now for my Toolbox-in-WINE it just makes the lower control/stats bar taller without changing font sizes in there. Am I remembering rightly that this menu item used to do more?

Toolbox surely is having a long and amazing "useful lifespan"!

Kim