Windows 11 compatibility?

Craig Kopris

Oct 27, 2021, 4:00:40 PM10/27/21
to Shoebox/Toolbox Field Linguist's Toolbox
Has anyone tried using Toolbox on Windows 11? My computer is on its last legs, and since most new machines are Windows 11, I need to know if 11 is compatible with Toolbox before getting one.

Thanks,

- Craig

=====
Craig Kopris
Waⁿdat Yanǫhšetsih

Wayne Leman

Oct 27, 2021, 4:14:28 PM10/27/21
to shoeboxtoolbox-fiel...@googlegroups.com

Windows 11 should have no difficulty running Toolbox since Windows 11 is only a slight upgrade from Windows 10. It is essentially Windows 10 with some cosmetic changes.

Toolbox runs great on my Windows 10 computer which I bought only a few months ago.

Wayne

Craig Kopris

Oct 27, 2021, 5:31:00 PM10/27/21
to shoeboxtoolbox-fiel...@googlegroups.com
Thanks! I'm still on Win7, so that‘s good to know about 10 & 11.

- Craig

ToolBox Support

Nov 2, 2021, 2:56:57 PM11/2/21
to shoeboxtoolbox-fiel...@googlegroups.com
We have tested Toolbox with Windows 11 and it works fine. It also was tested with a Ryzen processor, and with a touch screen. It works well with the touch screen. The buttons are handy for touching without having to move the mouse position.

The computer just arrived this morning, so we haven't done a lot of testing, but nothing we did raised any concerns.

I'm about to make a new message about "S" mode -- a restriction in both 10 and 11 to only items from the Microsoft Store.

Toolbox Support