\pc

TonyNaden

May 13, 2021, 7:53:32 AM5/13/21
to Shoebox/Toolbox Field Linguist's Toolbox
It's so long since I used pictures in a dictionary (the final formatted files begame unmanageably big) that I've forgotten how you get a \pc field with a local address-link to actually show the linked file. Any advice?

Wayne Leman

May 13, 2021, 8:12:10 AM5/13/21
to shoeboxtoolbox-fiel...@googlegroups.com
Tony, here is a \pc field from one of my dictionary entries:

\pc .G.frankgrasshopper.jpg

That requires that the picture files be in the same directory as the
dictionary and its sound files.

Wayne
http://www.cheyennelanguage.org/
> file. Any advice? --

Tony Naden

May 13, 2021, 12:18:09 PM5/13/21
to shoeboxtoolbox-fiel...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, I've got that, but I thought you could call the link file up from within Toolbox, or am I mistaken?

Address: "Lost Marbles", 31, Reading Road,
Pangbourne, Berks., RG8 7HY  -

Tel.: 01189842368

Keep us, good Lord,
under the shadow of your mercy
in this time of uncertainty and distress.
Sustain and support the anxious and fearful,
and lift up all who are brought low;
that we may rejoice in your comfort
knowing that nothing can separate us from your love
in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Amen.

ToolBox Support

May 13, 2021, 12:41:19 PM5/13/21
to shoeboxtoolbox-fiel...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Tony,

The answer to hooking it up in Toolbox is "sort of". If the file type for your picture is such that if you double-click the picture in the folder, it will bring up something to display that picture, then in Toolbox, you can do Tools, Play File (or just press F4) and Toolbox will invoke the program that displays your picture and you will see the picture. That assumes it has the path to the picture, and that means leaving off the G.  which MDF will accept but no longer requires. (But thanks for chiming in, Wayne!)

It's not as good as having it always visible in LexiquePro, but you can see what it is. (I've noticed the first time seems to take longer, but if you go on to another picture, it comes up faster.)

Karen
Toolbox Support

Tony Naden

May 14, 2021, 4:51:42 AM5/14/21