Toolbox project online?

Rike

Jan 8, 2020, 10:34:25 AM1/8/20
to Shoebox/Toolbox Field Linguist's Toolbox
Dear all,
I've been working on a project (Uzbek and Kirghiz) for some time now and I'm wondering if there's a way to put it online, in one form or other. Is there anybody with experience? Are there any examples out there?
I would really appreciate any advice! Rike

gmail

Jan 8, 2020, 12:45:04 PM1/8/20
to shoeboxtoolbox-fiel...@googlegroups.com
Lexique Pro, which used to be free, can be used to web-ify Toolbox dictionaries. Check the web for the latest on Lexique Pro. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 8, 2020, at 10:34, Rike <jacque...@gmail.com> wrote:

Dear all,
I've been working on a project (Uzbek and Kirghiz) for some time now and I'm wondering if there's a way to put it online, in one form or other. Is there anybody with experience? Are there any examples out there?
I would really appreciate any advice! Rike

ToolBox Support

Jan 8, 2020, 1:02:38 PM1/8/20
to shoeboxtoolbox-fiel...@googlegroups.com
There is also an XML option from Toolbox. I'm working on details -- give me a couple hours.

LexiquePro only works well if you are doing an MDF-format type of dictionary. It is still free as far as I can see.

Toolbox Support

Wayne Leman

Jan 8, 2020, 1:35:04 PM1/8/20
to shoeboxtoolbox-fiel...@googlegroups.com

I have posted LexiquePro dictionaries using Toolbox data online for two languages. Here is a link to one of these online dictionaries:

http://www.cheyennelanguage.org/dictionary/lexicon/index.htm

There is some add-on code that can make LexiquePro online dictionaries easier to view in smart phones. It is not easy to work with the add-on code, but it is available from this address:

https://github.com/robynml/lexiqueProExtension

Here is a link to my Cheyenne language dictionary online using the add-on code:

http://www.cheyennelanguage.org/dictionary/lexicon.php

There are some problems in the display because the code needs to be debugged further. I am not capable of debugging the code myself.

Wayne
http://www.cheyennelanguage.org/

Wayne Leman

Jan 8, 2020, 1:40:27 PM1/8/20
to shoeboxtoolbox-fiel...@googlegroups.com

Here is a webpage linked from the LexiquePro website with other dictionaries online that were created with Toolbox and Lexique Pro:

http://www.lexiquepro.com/library.htm

Wayne

gmail

Jan 8, 2020, 2:07:54 PM1/8/20