GURUVAAR PRARTHNA - 16/03/2017

SHIRDI SAI GURUSTHAN MANDIR

Mar 15, 2017, 7:42:55 PM3/15/17
to shirdi_sai_bab...@yahoogroups.com

GURUVAAR   PRARTHNA - 16/03/2017

.

Our Beloved Sadguru Sainath, please accept our humble prayers on this Holy Day of Guruvaar. Baba, we are still in the world of deep sleep, help us to wake up from our yesterday’s tears and to see today’s smiles, wake-up to a new day, wake-up to new opportunities, wake-up to change and a new thought life, wake-up to our dreams and potential, wake-up from abuse and exploitation, wake-up from our painful past filled with tears,  wake-up from addictions and reckless behavior, wake-up from pleasing others. wake-up  from bad judgment and wrong choices, wake-up from debts and insufficiency, wake-up from failure and defeat, wake-up from wrong friends and wrong relationships. On this holy day, we start our prayers by reading Your divine guidance from Shri Sai Samartha Satcharitra.

There was a place to stay at the Maruti Temple. Therefore, both of them immediately proceeded to that place.

The night advanced and it was about ten o’clock. Spreading out their cotton carpets, beddings and pillows, they sat chatting in the light of the lamp.

There was a newspaper lying about. Mirikar opened it and started to read. He got absorbed in a certain piece of news. Then a strange thing occurred.

At that evil time, a snake came no one knew from where, coiled itself and settled down without anybody’s knowledge.

 It sat quietly and peacefully on one end of Mirikar’s soft ‘uparna’, which was lying on his waist.

When it had quietly entered, the sound it must have made was absorbed by the rustling noise of the newspaper. Therefore, nobody had any suspicions of the serpent.

Altough the situation was so tense, Mirikar was oblivious to this being engrossed in the news. But his peon’s imagination ran wild.

‘From where is the noise coming? What kind of noise is this and what is the cause?’ the peon thinking thus, he lifted the lamp a little and lo!, he saw the ‘long Maharaj’!

As soon as he saw it, he was frightened; and he called out softly: “snake, a snake ”! Then Mirikar lost his composure and he shivered all over.

Shamrao was also amazed. He said to himself: ‘Baba, what have you done? From where have you sent this difficulty? Now, you must remove it yourself.’

Then, under the circumstances, everybody armed himself with whatever was handy and moved forward stealthily.

 By that time, the serpent which was resting below the waist, was seen quietly moving away. Oh, but not a serpent! It looked like death personified was approaching.

Then in no time the calamity was arrested. And the clubs and other weapons, which were already ready to strike, fell forcefully on the serpent and it was done to pieces.

In this way, the danger passed. Having witnessed this, Mirikar choked with emotion and his love for Sai Samartha was strengthened all the more and overflowed.

Goose pimples, which had appeared due to fright, subsided. Tears of love flowed from his eyes. He wondered as to how the calamity was warded off and how Baba came to know of it.

‘How did this fatal calamity miss me? How did Baba give me timely warning? Even though I had refused, Shama was made to sit in the tonga to help me.

What kindness of heart! How omniscient he is! How sweetly and greatly did he warn me about this evil event!

He pointed out the importance of darshan, asserted the power of the Masjid, revealed his own love for the devotee, by a simple act.’

I bow down to Sree Ganesh

I bow down to Sree Saraswati

I bow down to the Guru

I bow down to the Family Deity

I bow down to Sree Sita-Ramachandra

I bow down to Sree Sadguru Sainath.

.

Sarveshaam Svaastir Bhavatu

Sarveshaam Shaantir Bhavatu

Sarveshaam Poornam Bhavatu

Sarveshaam Mangalam Bhavatu

Om Shanti, Shanti, Shanteeh

-(from Shri Sai Samartha Satchrita, Chapter  22, Ovi  75 - 92)

126 prayer changes everything copy.JPG