Remote software engineer job at ScraperWiki

Francis Irving

Aug 2, 2016, 8:51:02 AM8/2/16
to scrap...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

We're hiring a software engineer at ScraperWiki, for the first time we're offering remote working, so take a look if Liverpool hasn't been a possibility for you before!

More details at end of this email, or here:
https://blog.scraperwiki.com/jobs/software-engineer-remote/

Best wishes,

Francis

We design and sell products that turn messy information into valuable data.

We’re looking for a software engineer who:

  • Wants to build successful, high quality products;
  • Cares about customer experience;
  • Is good at communicating with technical and non-technical people.

ScraperWiki makes PDFTables.com which uses AI algorithms to turn PDFs into spreadsheets. We make QuickCode.io which is an Python and R data analysis environment, for people who are new to coding.

We have customers all over the world (from Costa Rica to China!), and particularly work with governmental organisations like the United Nations, Office for National Statistics and Cabinet Office. We participate in research projects with European Universities.

You’ll be responsible for:

  • Understanding customer needs and designing ways of solving them;
  • Full stack software development;
  • Pushing projects as a whole to reach “done done”;
  • Participating and leading project meetings.

Your skills are:

  • Believe in good software engineering – from unit tests to pull requests;
  • Comfortable with Unix systems administration and devops;
  • Have strong presenting and writing skills in public and private;
  • Like Agile, but more because of the original manifesto, not the hype;
  • Have delivered projects using Agile methods or would be happy to learn.

Facts about ScraperWiki

  • We use lots of Go, Python, Docker and more
  • You can work remotely, or at our office in Liverpool
  • We’ve a generous 30 days holiday

Apply for this job:

To apply, send the following:

  • A sample of code you’ve written which either scrapes the web or calls an API
  • Your CV

To jo...@scraperwiki.com, quoting swjob17 in the subject line (no agencies).