Web Scrapper - List of UK Starbuck Location Address

Desmond Purcell

Nov 21, 2014, 5:57:23 AM11/21/14
to scrap...@googlegroups.com
Hi There

I just come across this scrapper and as a researcher feel it is a very handy tool to have.

I do not have any programming experience and am wondering if the tool has the ability to obtain the store location information

Does a list already exist or could somebody show be how I could go about scrapping this data. The url of the Starbuck store is below.

I think if I can be shown how to do this one I should be ok doing any other.

Before I purchase I just need to know it the tool is capable of this.

Regards

JM

Nov 21, 2014, 6:27:37 AM11/21/14
to scrap...@googlegroups.com
I would advise against trying to scrape the search results page. It seems to always return a constant number of results and it will be hard to ensure you cover all of the UK (by entering different addresses)

Instead, all of the shops have their own page, with address and details.

You will notice that the end is a simple numerical ID.

just itterate through the Ids by incrementing by 1, and collect information for all the stores!

Also, I do know this is a scraperwiki forum, but for somebody just starting, I found using google sheets and IMPORTHTML() and IMPORTXML() functions a LOT simpler than writing a full scraper from scratch. Especially with simple, nicely formatted websites like this. You could probably have the whole dataset ready in under an hour, including cleanup / formatting.

Jo

Páll Hilmarsson

Nov 21, 2014, 6:29:53 AM11/21/14
to scrap...@googlegroups.com
The Starbucks web has an undocumented API for store locations:

https://openapi.starbucks.com/location/v1/stores?&offset=2&radius=100&limit=50&brandCode=SBUX&latLng=53.38005,-1.469421&apikey=7b35m595vccu6spuuzu2rjh4&_=1370295322059

pal...@gogn.in | github.com/pallih | twitter.com/pallih
gpg: 9272 A7A6 83AB 998E C80C 4A03 9EDE 79DE F524 1090
> --

signature.asc