Request for Help

yaseen hussain

Sep 17, 2014, 4:47:15 AM9/17/14
to scrap...@googlegroups.com
Hi Guys,

I am new to webscraping.I am looking for webscraper to extract reviews from tripadvisor website?Could anyone guide me how can be done using scraperwiki?If Anyone has already done this kind of task,could you please share code snippet?
Waiting for your positive responses...

JJ M

Sep 17, 2014, 5:00:52 AM9/17/14
to scrap...@googlegroups.com
You do realise that TripAdvisor specifically prohibits scraping in their term and conditions?

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/pages/terms.html
"PROHIBITED ACTIVITIES : (...) you agree not to: (...) access, monitor or copy any content or information of this Website using any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means or any manual process for any purpose without our express written permission;"

How many pages do you need to get reviews from? One property / set list of properties / all of one city / all of the UK / all of the world?? hotels?restaurants?