A note from Saratoga's mayor Jill Hunter - Happy Thanksgiving all

Rishi Kumar

Nov 27, 2013, 2:04:26 PM11/27/13
to sara...@googlegroups.com, saratog...@googlegroups.com

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

Saratoga City's annual tree lighting and the Chamber's Wine Stroll is the day after Thanksgiving.

 The tree lighting starts at 5:30pm at the arch but the Bay Shore Lyric Opera will be giving a sample of their Hansel and Gretel performance at 5:15 so come early.  This year we will all sing along with the performers.

Keep your fingers crossed for good weather ( although of course we want rain on another day!).

Marshall Lane singers will be at the Saratoga's Historic Museum this year which also has it's holiday exhibit featuring many of the dolls and toys I personally have collected over the years.

Thanks to the City workers and the Village Gardeners who have beautified the Village for this occasion.  Thanks also to all the schools and residents who made wreaths for the Village light poles.

People have been asking about the sidewalk and curb repair.  It will take place over time as the weather permits.  The big changes to Blaney are planned for the spring.

On December 4th at 7 pm the City Council will be choosing a new mayor.  I have had a fabulous year serving you all  and can only say that Saratoga has the best city staff in the world!  They have been incredible to work with and I am so thankful to them and my fellow Council members who served at my side to make the year go well.

Again, don't forget Friday evening.  And please please please shop for the holidays at our local stores.  They have lovely unique things.
-Jill