Fwd: Sustainable Transportation Services - March 2024

Jim Baross

Mar 22, 2024, 12:46:17 PMMar 22
to San Diego Bike Forum
FYI

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: SANDAG Sustainable Transportation Services <sustainablet...@sandag.org>
Date: Fri, Mar 22, 2024, 11:13 AM
Subject: Sustainable Transportation Services - March 2024
To: <jimb...@cox.net>

Sign up for SANDAG Bike Anywhere Day, join us for a group bike ride, view employment center data, and more.

March 2024

Sign Up for Bike Anywhere Day: Thursday, May 16

SANDAG Bike Anywhere Day is back! Join thousands in riding your bike to work, school, the beach, or... anywhere in the San Diego region on Thursday, May 16. Everyone who signs up to participate in the event will be automatically entered for the chance to win one of three e-bikes, courtesy of Velotric.
Sign Up

Explore the Bayshore Bikeway on Two Wheels

Join us for a free five-mile guided group bike ride on Saturday, March 23 at 11 a.m. along the scenic Bayshore Bikeway in Imperial Beach and Chula Vista. The ride is family-friendly, designed for people of all ages and abilities, and will be led by certified instructors from the San Diego County Bicycle Coalition. Show up early for a free bike maintenance quick check!
RSVP

Did You Know that Sorrento Valley Has the Region's Highest Number of Employees?

SANDAG collected information on San Diego employment centers—also known as areas in the region with high densities of employment—to identify how and where employees commute. Take a look at some of the key findings in the Employment 2.0 Report:
  • Sorrento Valley has the highest number of employees at over 169,000.
  • More than three-quarters (78%) of the region's jobs are located in just 11% of the region.
  • We identified 91 separate employment centers in the San Diego region.
Learn More

Tune in to Learn About Our Regional Bike Network

Join us for a virtual information session on Wednesday, March 27 from 6 to 7:30 p.m. (PDT) to learn about our Regional Bike Network and preview the new 3.5-mile bikeway coming to Imperial Avenue Bikeway.
RSVP

Apply to Host a Pit Stop on SANDAG Bike Anywhere Day

Thousands of SANDAG Bike Anywhere Day participants will pedal across the San Diego region on Thursday, May 16. Help support this annual event by applying to host an official pit stop!

Learn more and apply to host an official SANDAG Bike Anywhere Day pit stop by Sunday, March 31
Apply Today
Si desea obtener información en español, por favor comuníquese al 619.699.1950 o p...@sandag.org

In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), this document is available in alternate formats by contacting the SANDAG ADA Coordinator, the Director of Diversity and Equity, at 619.699.1900 or 619.699.1904 (TTY).
Copyright © 2024 SANDAG, All rights reserved.

This email was sent to jimb...@cox.net
SANDAG · 401 B Street, Suite 800 · San Diego, CA 92101 · USA