Fwd: [BikeWalkAdvocates] Congressional Gold Medal for Marshall "Major" Taylor

1 view

Jim Baross

Feb 27, 2024, 11:31:23 AMFeb 27
to Cabo Forum, San Diego Bike Forum
Support a Congressional Gold Medal for Marshall “Major” Taylor

"Major Taylor was the first superstar of cycling. He was known as the fastest man on a bike and was a global phenomenon at a time when telegrams were the height of technology. Yet, because he was Black, Major Taylor faced prejudice and racism from the bicycling community, including the League of the time, as he pursued track records and world championships. ..."