latch brand for the inside cupboards and locker doors

doug vibbert

Dec 20, 2015, 1:54:32 PM12/20/15
to Saint Francis Owners Group
Went to West Marine and can't seem to find anything that slightly resembles the size of the latches on the St Francis 44.   Has anyone found what brand and model they use or can be substituted?

Thanks!

Doug

G P

Dec 21, 2015, 10:58:02 AM12/21/15
to St. Francis

Doug,

I too was unable to find them in plastic, but my local ACE hardware
had a suitable replacement in metal. Rusting could be a problem
long term, but they work well for now. They were around $1 each
as I recall.

Pete

Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2015 10:49:18 -0800
From: dougv...@gmail.com
To: saintf...@googlegroups.com
Subject: [Saint Francis OG] latch brand for the inside cupboards and locker doors

Went to West Marine and can't seem to find anything that slightly resembles the size of the latches on the St Francis 44.   Has anyone found what brand and model they use or can be substituted?

Thanks!

Doug

Soggy Paws

Dec 21, 2015, 6:49:15 PM12/21/15
to Saint Francis Owners Group
Doug,

Soggy Paws (MK II Hull #38) has push-button latches.  We haven't looked for any replacement yet, but when I googled "Circular Push Latches Boat" I got quite a few hits that look similar to ours.

West Marine had a similar for 2x the price: http://www.westmarine.com/catches-latches

Go2Marine.com has some Seadog's for less, but maybe not stainless.

Sherry

doug vibbert

Dec 26, 2015, 11:45:03 AM12/26/15
to Saint Francis Owners Group
Yeah, we went through the seadog catalog at west marine, unfortunately they are all about twice the size of the ones we have...but I will try the ace hardware!   Thank you!

doug vibbert

Jan 31, 2016, 2:17:39 PM1/31/16
to Saint Francis Owners Group
OK, went to home depot and true value and both don't have anything close.   Could you tell me the brand/model you found at ACE?

Soggy Paws

Jan 31, 2016, 7:56:06 PM1/31/16
to Saint Francis Owners Group
Our Previous Owner sent us this:

These guys will have them,

Send a pic with dimensions, am pretty sure they will be able to help with supply and/or brand/sourcing.
http://www.seaport.co.za or maybe easier, this guy https://www.facebook.com/salish.sewsunker?fref=ts

Bonus : Rand to USD will be hugely in your favour :)

Our latches are the stainless (or chrome?) round push-button latches.  Hope this helps.  (Thanks, John)

Soggy Paws

Nov 23, 2016, 5:06:42 PM11/23/16
to Saint Francis Owners Group
Has anyone found a supply for the pushbutton latches from a mail-order source.  The SEA-DOG brand that's readily available from several mail order sources in the US looks identical but turns out to be almost twice the size of the latches we have.

Our "C" dimension is only about 1 3/8"

I have an inquiry into the South African source our PO suggested but the first response back was "will you be passing through Durban anytime soon?"

If you even know the brand name that Ace sells and the nomenclature they use for the latch, it would be helpful in Google searches.

Sherry

Soggy Paws

Nov 29, 2016, 9:35:26 PM11/29/16
to Saint Francis Owners Group
OK after a lot of googling and checking dimensions we are going to buy these from Amazon.  They are not quite the same finish but they are the only ones that are the right size.  I hope they are right--we are in the Philippines and won't be able to exchange them easily. It will probaby be Jan or Feb before we get our shipment, will let you know then how it worked out.

Here's the link to the Amazon product page:  ttp://amzn.to/2ghPFiS

Sherry