LLC Question

Sarah Martin

May 1, 2024, 2:21:18 PMMay 1
to SWACUHO Mid-Level Professionals
Hello!  I have a question regarding LLCs.  Do residents in your LLCs have a participation/attendance minimum that they have to meet?  If so, could you share your agreement or language stating so?
-Sarah Martin
Assistant Director of Residential Engagement
University of Central Oklahoma

Maddie DeBucce

May 6, 2024, 4:46:41 PMMay 6
to Sarah Martin, SWACUHO Mid-Level Professionals

This is what we have regarding LLC participation. You can also connect with our Academic Engagement Coordinator Lenea Patterson-Newcomb at ldp...@uark.edu.

It's communicated with students that they should attend at least 75% of the scheduled events, but it isn't required and we don't have any real accountability for attendance either.

Here's an example of what gets sent to students in their acceptance emails about events/attendance:

"We are very excited to meet you and we will be planning a great list of events for next fall. The advantage of being part of the LLC is that you will be part of a smaller group of students within Founders and Humphreys Halls and you will have the opportunity to attend events that are not open to the rest of the student body. It is FREE to be part of the LLC, and all events will be paid for, courtesy of Housing.

 "These events are designed to help you get to know your chosen profession, the Sam M. Walton College of Business community at large, and the students and faculty at the school.

 "Our events will be scheduled every two to four weeks. There is also NO CREDIT associated with the LLC- it is completely voluntary. That being said, it is important for the vibrancy of the LLC for you to attend at least 75% of the scheduled events."

Maddie DeBucce

she/her/hers/ella (what's this?)

Assistant Director for Student Welfare and Outreach

University Housing | Division of Student Affairs | University of Arkansas

960 W Douglas Street | 479-718-2584

Building communities and making connections happen.