SemEval-2017 System Description Papers and Reminder about URGENT Action

Daniel Cer

Feb 14, 2017, 2:49:44 AM2/14/17
to STS SemEval

Hi everyone,

We would like to again thank everybody who participated in the SemEval-2017 Semantic Textual Similarity (STS) shared task. This year’s shared task was particularly challenging and we are excited to have received system submissions from over 30 teams!

With the paper deadline approaching, we’d like to freeze the results table.  If you haven’t already, please follow the instructions we sent out last week in the thread titled “Semeval task 1 - Codalab URGENT action requested” and mark your CodaLab results as public.

If you want your system included in the final results for the task, please mark your results as public no later than sometime this coming Friday, Feb 17th.

Everyone is highly encouraged to submit a system description paper to the SemEval workshop. The submission deadline is Monday Feb 27th, which is only two weeks away!

Detailed instructions for the papers can be found here: http://alt.qcri.org/semeval2017/index.php?id=papers

Pay particular attention to the 4 page limit and the correct template for paper titles which should be: "[SystemName] at SemEval-2017 Task [TaskNumber]: [Insert Paper Title Here]”.

After peer-review, we’ll shepherd papers that are on the edge of being accepted. This means we’ll try to work with authors so that they can make the necessary changes for their paper to be accepted. From experience in shepherding papers during prior years, I would encourage anyone struggling with their paper to focus most of your energy into clearly and concisely describing your system and any models it uses. It is also very useful to describe the experiments you ran to motivate various design choices.

Thanks again, and we hope to see you all in Vancouver this summer!

Dan
--
STS 2017 Co-Organizer

Daniel Cer

Feb 17, 2017, 11:17:35 AM2/17/17
to STS SemEval
Hi everyone,

This is an important reminder that today is the last day to mark your results as public in order for it to be included in the table of official rankings.

Please, do this today if you want your system to be a part of SemEval 2017.

Dan

Daniel Cer

Feb 27, 2017, 2:02:37 PM2/27/17
to STS SemEval
Hi everyone,

This is a reminder that the system description papers are due today at midnight (AoE).

If your team participated in STS 2017, please do take time to submit a system description paper. SemEval papers allow you to make important research contributions through your participation in the SemEval shared tasks and get a peer-reviewed workshop publication in the process.

For anyone who is short on time, focus most of your energy into clearly and concisely describing your system and the models it uses. It is also very valuable if you can succinctly describe the experiments you ran to motivate various design choices.

The submission page is on softconf here:

Make sure you select the correct submission type and task for your paper:

Submission Type: System Description; Task: Task 1: Semantic Textual Similarity

In the past, we have accepted some papers after the deadline. If you think you'll need another day or so to finish your paper, please e-mail sts-org...@googlegroups.com as soon as possible.

Our ability to accept late papers in part depends on the allowances made by the SemEval workshop organizers. Please, try not to be too late.

Dan
---
STS 2017 Co-organizer

Alberto Barrón

Feb 27, 2017, 11:46:00 PM2/27/17
to STS SemEval
Dear Daniel,

we submitted our draft yesterday. To my surprise, when double-checking today, softconf shows it both as "2017 Task or System submission" and "2018 Task Proposal submission". Both have the same code (paper 72x). Withdrawing seems to apply to both. Please, find a snapshot attached.

Is this a softconf misconfiguration?
Is this an isolated issue or it is happening to somebody else?
Should we take some action?

Best regards,
Alberto
Screen Shot 2017-02-28 at 07.39.05.png

Daniel Cer

Feb 28, 2017, 5:51:05 PM2/28/17
to SemEval Organizers, sts-organizers
Hi Alberto, I'm forwarding this to the SemEval workshop organizers (semeval-o...@googlegroups.com) and moving sts-semeval to bcc.

Hi SemEval workshop organizers!

We have a participant who noticed that their paper is showing up under both "2017 Task or System submission" and "2018 Task Proposal submission".

Would it be possible to remove the paper from "2018 Task Proposal submission", leaving it just in "2017 Task or System submission"?

We don't know if this impacts other papers submitted to task 1.

Dan
---
STS 2017 Co-organizer

Website of task, http://alt.qcri.org/semeval2017/task1/

Daniel Cer

Mar 1, 2017, 11:01:03 AM3/1/17
to STS SemEval, sts-organizers
Hi Alberto,

The SemEval workshop organizers looked into this. The paper isn't listed under "2018 Task Proposal submission".

If softconf is listing your paper under "2018 Task Proposal submission" when you click any of the revise/withdraw links in the UI, it might be just a UI bug.

I've confirmed your paper is correctly listed under paper submissions for task 1, STS.

Dan

nacho arroyo

Mar 1, 2017, 6:04:19 PM3/1/17
to STS SemEval, sts-org...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I had the same problem than Alberto.

I submitted my paper under the "SemEval 2017 Task or System submission:" link. It could be the reason the paper is not checked yet?

Help please.

Daniel Cer

Mar 2, 2017, 10:47:04 AM3/2/17
to nacho arroyo, STS SemEval, sts-org...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nacho,

What's the name of your paper?

Dan

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "sts-organizers" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sts-organizers/535cac1c-75ba-4523-b4f5-a5c365f7fb4f%40googlegroups.com.