Thank you for participating in STS 2017!

Daniel Cer

Feb 2, 2017, 3:03:48 AM2/2/17
to STS SemEval
Thank you for participating in STS 2017!

On behalf of all of the STS co-organizers, I would like to thank everyone for participating in STS 2017! The official results will be posted soon.

The SemEval 2017 workshop paper submissions are due on Monday, February 27th. This year's SemEval will be colocated with ACL in Vancouver, Canada.

We really encourage everyone to submit a system description paper. Publishing a paper describing your system is an important part of contributing to science through participation in SemEval.

To this end, accepted SemEval papers will be published in the workshop proceedings even if the authors are unable to attend or register for the workshop.

System Corrections

Participants wishing to correct their runs will be contacted individually. If you wish to correct your results please make sure you have sent an e-mail to sts-org...@googlegroups.com. Updating submissions for reasons other than CodaLab malfunctions will result in the updated run being flagged as a corrected system.

Dan
---
STS 2017 Co-organizer

Ergun Bicici

Feb 2, 2017, 10:26:58 AM2/2/17
to sts-s...@googlegroups.com

Hi Daniel,

I received "The maximum number of submissions has been reached." error from CodaLab.

​Attached are the two versions I prepared for STS 2017:
- RTM.zip (now)
- RTM_prev.zip (before, with tr-en results ~5 hours late)​

​Thank you for considering these. The first being flagged as corrected is fine with me. ​

Best Regards,
Ergun

Ergun Biçici

On Thu, Feb 2, 2017 at 11:03 AM, 'Daniel Cer' via STS SemEval <sts-s...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Thank you for participating in STS 2017!

On behalf of all of the STS co-organizers, I would like to thank everyone for participating in STS 2017! The official results will be posted soon.

The SemEval 2017 workshop paper submissions are due on Monday, February 27th. This year's SemEval will be colocated with ACL in Vancouver, Canada.

We really encourage everyone to submit a system description paper. Publishing a paper describing your system is an important part of contributing to science through participation in SemEval.

To this end, accepted SemEval papers will be published in the workshop proceedings even if the authors are unable to attend or register for the workshop.

System Corrections

Participants wishing to correct their runs will be contacted individually. If you wish to correct your results please make sure you have sent an e-mail to sts-organizers@googlegroups.com. Updating submissions for reasons other than CodaLab malfunctions will result in the updated run being flagged as a corrected system.

Dan
---
STS 2017 Co-organizer

Website of task, http://alt.qcri.org/semeval2017/task1/

RTM_prev.zip
RTM.zip

eneko

Feb 2, 2017, 2:11:52 PM2/2/17
to sts-s...@googlegroups.com

Hi all,

around 50% of the runs have some sort of issue related to not following the instructions, and we are trying to fix them without asking for resubmission. Unfortunately Codalab does not offer the flexibility that we would like to have.

Please have some patience as we try to resolve all issues one by one, we will keep you posted.

best

the organizers

Website of task, http://alt.qcri.org/semeval2017/task1/

Eneko Agirre
Euskal Herriko Unibertsitatea
University of the Basque Country
http://ixa2.si.ehu.eus/eneko

josh...@gmail.com

Feb 3, 2017, 10:53:34 AM2/3/17
to STS SemEval
Hi eneko,

     I have submitted 2 runs,“ctr.zip” and “ctrn.zip”.
     However,only the last one was counted and could be seen on the leaderboard.
     Could you please tell me how to make both of them counted?
     My user name is Kamikaze.
     My team name is HTI.
     Thank you,sincerely,yours

YangSHAO

eneko

Feb 3, 2017, 10:59:19 AM2/3/17
to sts-s...@googlegroups.com

Hi Yang Shao,

that's a codalab issue, we will fix that next week, don't worry.

we now are fixing errors in individual runs.

best

eneko

or., 2017.eko otsren 03a 16:12(e)an, josh...@gmail.com igorleak idatzi zuen:

peter....@gmail.com

Feb 3, 2017, 1:13:25 PM2/3/17
to STS SemEval
Hi,

I'm participating on more than one semeval tasks.

Is it feasible to write one paper for each task?

Is it true, for all semeval tasks, that:

accepted SemEval papers will be published in the workshop proceedings even if the authors are unable to attend or register for the workshop.

?

Sincerely,
Pedro Fialho

Daniel Cer

Feb 7, 2017, 12:41:36 PM2/7/17
to STS SemEval
Hi Pedro,

I suspect that it would be okay to write one paper for each task, particularly if you are using sufficiently different systems for each one.

However, this question should really be sent to the workshop organizers. For the workshop, the public discussion list is seme...@googlegroups.com and the workshop organizers list is semeval-o...@googlegroups.com.

> Is it true, for all semeval tasks, that:
> accepted SemEval papers will be published in the workshop proceedings even if the authors are unable to attend or register for the workshop.

Yes, this is true for all SemEval tasks. If you hear otherwise from another shared task, contact the workshop organizers (semeval-o...@googlegroups.com), since this has been a long standing tradition at SemEval. The science of SemEval works best if all participants with a good paper describing their work get published in the proceedings regardless of their ability to attend or register for the workshop.

Dan