2019 n2c2/OHNLP Shared-Task and Workshop
Announcement and Call for Participation
We are pleased to announce the 2019 n2c2/OHNLP Shared Task on Challenges in Natural Language Processing for Clinical Data.
This year, National NLP Clinical Challenges (n2c2, formerly known as i2b2 NLP Shared Tasks) has teamed up with the Open Health Natural Language Processing (OHNLP) Initiative at Mayo Clinic to bring you two tasks:
- Track 1: n2c2/OHNLP Track on Clinical Semantic Textual Similarity
This task extends the BioCreative/OHNLP 2018 task on the same topic to new synthetic clinical notes.
- Track 2: n2c2/OHNLP Track on Family History Extraction
This task extends the BioCreative/OHNLP 2018 task on family history information extraction from synthetic notes.
In addition, we are happy to share with you the first community-led n2c2-spinoff shared task organized by University of Massachusetts at Lowell:
- Track 3: n2c2/UMass Track on Clinical Concept Normalization
The three tracks will run on similar timelines and will be coordinated with respect to their dissemination efforts and the accompanying workshop.
Rough timeline is as follows:
- Registration begins: April 2019
- Training Data Release: May 2019
- Test Data Release: July 2019
- Papers due: August 2019
- Workshop: November 2019
- Ozlem Uzuner, PhD, FACMI, George Mason University
- Yanshan Wang, PhD, Mayo Clinic
- Feichen Shen, PhD, Mayo Clinic
- Anna Rumshisky, PhD, University of Massachusetts at Lowell
- Edward Luo, University of Massachusetts at Lowell