SSUS story omittted good work of Robert Westover

Michael Adams

Jul 3, 2007, 1:01:21 PM7/3/07
to let...@usatoday.com, SS-United-S...@googlegroups.com, SS United States, rhwest...@yahoo.com

Dear USA Today

Your story on the SSUS was negligent in not mentioning the work of the SSUS
Foundation on behalf of the boat.

There are several interests involved in the preservation of the boat, and to
ignore one strong proponent of the effort is a terrible insult. This is
especially true since the story implies that the demise of the big U may be
inevitable, and the SSUS Foundation appears to be the most effective
guerilla fighter in her interests. As your article implies, that's probably
what it is going to take to save it.

As a 1964 passenger (my dad was career Air Force, and because the DOD
underwrote the cost of the ship, military officers and their families
returning from overseas duty sailed first class for free), I have hoped the
SSUS would sail again, but the slow progress on all fronts is evidence that
she needs all the support she can muster, however divergent. Please run an
addendum that mentions the work of Robert Westover, and please keep this
story alive.

Thanks

Michael Adams
Behind the Scenes Marketing