Sad Day for the S.S. United States

1 view

rhwest...@yahoo.com

May 3, 2006, 4:20:24 PM5/3/06
to SS United States
A contact at the National Trust for Historic Preservation has informed
me that the S.S. United States has not been selected for the
prestigious "11 Most Endangered List".

However much this is a setback for the future of the vessel's
historic preservation, it is my no means the end of our struggle to
Save the United States. We will fight on to see the Big U preserved
appropriately-with her historic integrity kept intact-and not point
the blame finger at those who encouraged the Trust not to list the Big
U for fear that it might discourage plans for modernizing the vessel.

We will Save the United States!

Robert Hudson Westover
Chairman,
S.S. United States Foundation