Big News Weekend for Big U!!!!!!

rhwest...@yahoo.com

Mar 13, 2006, 1:43:25 PM3/13/06
to SS United States
Flash-----------
Great story on the S.S. United States by Gary Warner in this Sunday's
Orange County Register. This article clearly indicates that we (the
historic preservation advocates of the Foundation) want to see NCL do
the right thing by the Big U. The Foundation is mentioned twice and
Chairman Westover is quoted. Additionally, the Foundation Website gets
top billing! The Sunday edition of the OC Register has over 1 million
readers.

The article:
Saving the United States
The one-time unofficial flagship of the U.S. maritime industry is the
nation's forgotten treasure
By GARY A. WARNER
Register Travel Editor
Sunday, March 12, 2006

I saw a ghost on the way to a baseball game.
Running late to see the Phillies play at Citizens Bank Park in
Philadelphia, I asked the desk clerk at the Sheraton Society Hill for
an alternative to bucking rush-hour traffic on Interstate 95. Sure, he
said, take the road along the waterfront.
For the rest of the story go to:

http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister/life/abox/article_1037129.php