Big U in the News! and SS United States Foundation Website # 1!

1 view

rhwest...@yahoo.com

Feb 6, 2007, 10:34:38 AM2/6/07
to SS United States
Big U Updates!!!!

The SSUS Documentary...
There's a great article in Professional Mariner (PM) highlighting Rock
Creek Production's soon to be aired documentary on the S.S. United
States. To be called "Big U" the documentary is expected to be
released in 2008 and should bring a great deal of attention to
"America's Ship" --one of the most significant historic objects in the
nation.

Check out Rock Creek's progress at: http://www.ssunitedstates-film.com
and make sure to read PM's terrific article which has a fascinating
interview with a former crew member as well. Check it out at: http://
www.professionalmariner.com/site/csrv/content.asp?id=9665

A Website to be proud of...
The S.S. United States Foundation's incredibly popular Website
www.ssunitedstates.org has been one of the most successful
preservation Websites on the Internet-for any preservation
organization. And despite the fact that since 2003 (when Norwegian
Cruise Lines purchase of the Big U) the Foundation has been in a "wait
and see" status our Website is still one of the most visited
preservation sites in the country.

Facts don't lie and according to Alexa.com, the preeminent Website
tracking and ranking service, here are some impressive statistics:

·No other maritime site dedicated to the history of a American ship
has a higher ranking then www.ssunitedstates.org

·The Foundation's Website out ranks the Internet traffic of some well
known maritime museums including the Philadelphia Independence Seaport
Museum and the Texas Seaport Museum and we are in a statistical tie
with the world renowned South Street Seaport Museum in New York City!

·In 2003 the Foundation's Website was selected by Yahoo.com as it's
"Pick of the Day" driving millions of users to our Website and landing
us in the top 1000 most visited Websites in the country that same
year!

...or put into another perspective, the Foundation's Website is ranked
higher than some American cities' Websites including Fargo, ND and
even several federal government Websites including the Advisory
Council on Historic Preservation-not to mention the Website for the
home of our forth president, James Madison!

Good work SSUS advocates and fans!
We're still the best and we will Save the United States!

Robert Hudson Westover
Chairman
S.S. United States Foundation
Washington, D.C.