Big U Documentary Update

rhwest...@yahoo.com

Nov 27, 2007, 3:34:29 PM11/27/07
to SS United States
Many of you Big U fans may be wondering about the status of Rock Creek
Productions' documentary on the SS United States and her designer,
William Francis Gibbs. Well, we may have been sailing under the radar
lately but it's important for all of you to know that we're still very
hard at work on the film. A few significant items of note include
bringing in Leo Eaton, a proven documentary film producer (America at
a Crossroads, In Search of Shakespeare, In the Footsteps of Alexander
the Great) to act as an Executive Producer and Creative Director for
the film; Anna Reid Jihard, an established, Academy Award nominated
documentary film writer (Impressionists on the Seine, A Place in the
Land, Dolley Madison) has written an exciting and solid script; we've
assembled a team of respected and knowledgeable scholars and
historians to serve as our Board of Advisors; and have established
partnerships with several important historical and maritime
institutions.

Because our objective is, and always has been, to see this film to a
national release, we have delved deep into original research which has
lead to exciting discoveries. Simultaneously, we've expended
significant energies on partnerships and fundraising efforts. Both of
these aspects of development take a lot of time and commitment and
have begun to pay off with grant awards and donations from
foundations, corporations, and many individuals. We've set the bar
high for our film and have every intention of reaching our goals.

If there is one lesson we have learned throughout this journey, is
that wanting to share such a significant story like this one with the
nation takes time - time to tell it right, time to tell it well, and
time to give it the substance, creativity and weight that has been
given to other stories about significant American icons.

We appreciate all the support and encouragement the Big U community
has given us over the years and want to say thank you! We look
forward to 2008 being an exciting year for us!

Tim Phillips
Producer.Director
Rock Creek Productions, Inc.
t...@rock-creek.com