Mickey Walker

Bruce Underwood

Feb 10, 2024, 11:20:01 AMFeb 10
to The Senior Pattern Association
Sat AM 10 Central Time.

Sad News......Roy Thompson just called to inform me that Mickey had passed away this morning.  He had no further details at the time but would keep us informed.

What a tremendous asset to modeling all these years.

Sadly,   Bruce

Bruce Underwood

Feb 10, 2024, 11:21:25 AMFeb 10
to The Senior Pattern Association
Jim Johns just called also....said he had talked to Roy and Scott Sappington as well to confirm.  More  later.

tr2...@gmail.com

Feb 10, 2024, 11:26:58 AMFeb 10
to SPAme...@googlegroups.com

For anyone who doesn’t know, Mickey Walker was the founder of SPA. The link below is to a message from Mickey.

https://seniorpattern.com/founder.html

Jim Johns, SPA Secretary

Patternpilot One

Feb 10, 2024, 11:33:54 AMFeb 10
to spame...@googlegroups.com
Wow, so many great ambassadors to the RC world passing.

Blue skies and calm winds.

Scott & Missy

Get Outlook for Android

Feb 10, 2024, 11:36:34 AMFeb 10
to SPAme...@googlegroups.com
Well said, Scott.  Huge loss to the rc community.  Condolences to the Walker family.
Eric

Jamie Strong

Feb 10, 2024, 4:59:23 PMFeb 10
to SPAme...@googlegroups.com
Mickey was a 100% True Gentleman. We can thank him for the dream and the establishing and bringing back the old RC pattern birds for competition.
 SPA has really changed a lot over the past 30 years, but at its core its still one of the few places old foggies can gather, compete and fly the old birds.
 RIP My Friend,
       Jamie Strong

jfowe...@gmail.com

Feb 10, 2024, 5:59:09 PMFeb 10
to The Senior Pattern Association
I agree with all that has been written. A tremendous loss and a great legacy that he has left for us.

Jeff