Duane Wilson

Vic Koenig

Jan 26, 2024, 9:25:07 AMJan 26
to SPA group
  Just found out that Duane is going to have open heart surgery. Apparently he has several things blocked on his heart's vascular system. Lots of blockages. It's all set for this next Monday so keep him in prayers.

John Nessler

Jan 26, 2024, 9:34:19 AMJan 26
to SPAme...@googlegroups.com
Will do.
Sending good thoughts his way.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 26, 2024, at 9:25 AM, Vic Koenig <v54k...@gmail.com> wrote:

  Just found out that Duane is going to have open heart surgery. Apparently he has several things blocked on his heart's vascular system. Lots of blockages. It's all set for this next Monday so keep him in prayers.

Jim Johns

Jan 26, 2024, 10:33:56 AMJan 26
to Spamembers
Bobbie and I will be praying as well.

Jim

Sent from my iPhone

Scott Sappington

Jan 26, 2024, 10:56:00 AMJan 26
to SPAme...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Vic. Prayers
Beth and Scott

Sent from my iPhone

Eric Nessler

Jan 26, 2024, 11:35:06 AMJan 26
to SPAme...@googlegroups.com
Will do, Vic.  Thanks for letting us know.

On Jan 26, 2024, at 9:25 AM, Vic Koenig <v54k...@gmail.com> wrote:

  Just found out that Duane is going to have open heart surgery. Apparently he has several things blocked on his heart's vascular system. Lots of blockages. It's all set for this next Monday so keep him in prayers.

bd5wingnut

Jan 26, 2024, 11:48:00 AMJan 26
to Vic Koenig, SPA group
Duane is good people. I will be pulling for him

-Wolf

Sent from my T-Mobile 5G Device

Lindy Quinten

Jan 26, 2024, 12:17:11 PMJan 26
to spame...@googlegroups.com
Definitely will be praying for Duane.

David Phillips

Jan 26, 2024, 12:51:44 PMJan 26
to SPAme...@googlegroups.com
Hope all turns out well for ya Duane !! Peggy and I will be thinking about you and sending a prayer ..

Dave &Peggy ..
Sent from my iPhone

Duane Wilson

Jan 26, 2024, 6:01:56 PMJan 26
to SPAme...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Dave and everyone. Monday night I started experiencing a slow (45) and erratic pulse. Then I started taking my blood pressure and it was very high. Other than that felt fine.

Went to ER and they treated the pre-ventricular contract contractions (PVCs). Blood pressure went down and I thought I would be discharged with a charge in meds. Doctor says “I’d recommend a couple more tests and if those go well you can be discharged. They didn’t go well. Apparently my problems were caused by two cardiac arteries being 100% blocked, and two others 90% and 80% blocked. Not good even though I felt okay. I have some collateral circulation that’s already by-passing the.

It feels strange to feel well but be told to “have the coronary bypass or go home and get your affairs in order”

That helps the decision process. Keep my in your thoughts and prayers.

Duane

On Jan 26, 2024, at 12:51 PM, 'David Phillips' via The Senior Pattern Association <SPAme...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Hope all turns out well for ya Duane !! Peggy and I will be thinking about you and sending a prayer ..

Gary Polinski

Jan 26, 2024, 6:47:01 PMJan 26
to SPAme...@googlegroups.com
Duane you will be in my prayers speedy recovery ❤️

Duane Wilson

Jan 26, 2024, 6:50:04 PMJan 26
to SPAme...@googlegroups.com
Sorry for the predictive typing errors, but you get the idea.

Jeff-Still planning to work on the boards and a short newsletter, but it’ll have to wait awhile.

Duane Wilson

Jan 26, 2024, 6:51:30 PMJan 26
to SPAme...@googlegroups.com
Thanks

chue...@comcast.net

Jan 26, 2024, 9:45:31 PMJan 26
to SPAme...@googlegroups.com
Duane,

I surely hope you get through these heart issues as easily as possible.  Where will the surgery be done, if needed?  ETSU is nearby and has a good medical school.  Our granddaughter has passed the MCATS with flying colors, but she wouldn't be ready to do surgery by the time you would need it...  😄

Good luck, take care, and keep us posted, please,

“You will become way less concerned with what other people think of you when you realize how seldom they do.” ― David Foster Wallace, Infinite Jest.
Phil Spelt, AMA 1294, Scientific Leader Member
SPA L-18, Board Member, NSRCA 2032, KCRC Emeritus
Knoxville, TN  37931   (865) 604-0541c

jfowe...@gmail.com

Jan 27, 2024, 9:45:47 AMJan 27
to The Senior Pattern Association

Good luck onMonday Duane. Wishing you a quick recovery.

Jeff

Giuseppe Fascione

Jan 27, 2024, 10:02:44 AMJan 27
to SPAme...@googlegroups.com

Duane, all my best and I wish you a quick recovery!!!

Beppe Fascione

Inviato da Posta per Windows 10

Feb 1, 2024, 11:48:40 AMFeb 1
to SPAme...@googlegroups.com
That’s great news to hear Duane is doing well.thanks for letting us know.

On Thu, Feb 1, 2024 at 09:46 Vic Koenig <v54k...@gmail.com> wrote:
   I talked to Duane yesterday afternoon and he let me know how sore he is and how much help the painkillers have done for him. The surgery was a great success and Penny is with him to keep him occupied. I did get the sense he could not talk for long periods, his lungs were collapsed on purpose during the procedure and it just takes time for them to come back to full capacity. Overall, I think we'll have him back at some contests as his stamina and vision improve.

Jim Johns

Feb 1, 2024, 12:00:27 PMFeb 1
to Spamembers
Great news, Vic. Thanks for the update.

Jim

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 1, 2024 at 10:46 AM, <Vic Koenig> wrote:

   I talked to Duane yesterday afternoon and he let me know how sore he is and how much help the painkillers have done for him. The surgery was a great success and Penny is with him to keep him occupied. I did get the sense he could not talk for long periods, his lungs were collapsed on purpose during the procedure and it just takes time for them to come back to full capacity. Overall, I think we'll have him back at some contests as his stamina and vision improve.

Eric Nessler

Feb 1, 2024, 12:07:21 PMFeb 1
to SPAme...@googlegroups.com
Great news! Thanks for keeping us updated.

On Feb 1, 2024, at 11:46 AM, Vic Koenig <v54k...@gmail.com> wrote:

   I talked to Duane yesterday afternoon and he let me know how sore he is and how much help the painkillers have done for him. The surgery was a great success and Penny is with him to keep him occupied. I did get the sense he could not talk for long periods, his lungs were collapsed on purpose during the procedure and it just takes time for them to come back to full capacity. Overall, I think we'll have him back at some contests as his stamina and vision improve.

John Nessler

Feb 1, 2024, 12:31:26 PMFeb 1
to SPAme...@googlegroups.com
That’s great news!

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 1, 2024, at 11:46 AM, Vic Koenig <v54k...@gmail.com> wrote:

   I talked to Duane yesterday afternoon and he let me know how sore he is and how much help the painkillers have done for him. The surgery was a great success and Penny is with him to keep him occupied. I did get the sense he could not talk for long periods, his lungs were collapsed on purpose during the procedure and it just takes time for them to come back to full capacity. Overall, I think we'll have him back at some contests as his stamina and vision improve.

Duane Wilson

Feb 1, 2024, 5:18:58 PMFeb 1
to SPAme...@googlegroups.com

image0.jpeg

On Feb 1, 2024, at 12:31 PM, John Nessler <jnes...@columbus.rr.com> wrote:

That’s great news!

Ken Antos

Feb 1, 2024, 11:59:10 PMFeb 1
to SPAme...@googlegroups.com
So glad the surgery went well for you, Duane. I pray God gives you a speedy recovery and strength for penny to help take care of you.

Thanks,
Ken Antos
304 Tipperary Crossing
Shelbyville, KY 40065

"Life is Hard but God is Good"

jfowe...@gmail.com

Feb 2, 2024, 9:35:58 AMFeb 2
to The Senior Pattern Association
Glad the surgery was successful! Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Jeff

hokegddj

Feb 2, 2024, 10:24:45 AMFeb 2
to jfowe...@gmail.com, The Senior Pattern Association
Great news Duane, follow dr. orders for a quick and successful recovery. Greg & Debbie

Scott Sappington

Feb 2, 2024, 10:56:32 AMFeb 2
to SPAme...@googlegroups.com
Great news!! Prayers for a fast recovery.
Beth and Scott

Sent from my iPhone

Mike Miller

Feb 3, 2024, 12:41:54 PMFeb 3
to SPAme...@googlegroups.com
Duane
Glad your procedure went well. The heart shaped pillow will be your best friend for a while. Welcome to the zippered chest club. Been there 2x. All kidding aside goodluck with the recovery. You will get stronger each day before you know it you be back to normal.

Mike Miller

Duane Wilson

Feb 3, 2024, 11:44:18 PMFeb 3
to SPAme...@googlegroups.com
Really good to hear from you Mike. Compared to the Achilles surgery it was much more intense, in a negative way, but recovery seems to be faster once you get past the first 3 full days after surgery. I will say that the muscles on the left side of my back are tight as a drum.

I spent last evening in my hospital room listening to early Beatles music-something I haven’t done in many years. Surprisingly emotional-very simple/enjoyable.

I feel I’m running out of good veins for blood draws-two has clotted in the tube, something I’ve never heard of . Reminds me of the movie “Soylent Green”. If you haven’t already seen it, let’s justify say it’s not very uplifting.