BAYMN FEST - Save the Date

ABD SIX

Apr 17, 2013, 11:43:14 AM4/17/13
to Michael Nulty

Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 14:03:30 -0700
Subject: BAYMN FEST - Save the Date
From: ro...@ninthstreet.org
To: Ro...@ninthstreet.org

Dear TILT Alumni (or soon to be)

TILT has been busy in helping organize the first annual BAYMN FEST, which will take place -
Saturday, June 1st - Sunday, June 2nd
at the Main Branch of San Francisco Public Library

The big event is almost here and we would love if you could bring the youth from your program.

BAYMN FEST, a free two-day interactive showcase of media produced by youth ages 12–24, hosted at the San Francisco Public Library. Through screenings, workshops, a transmedia gallery, a makerspace, parties and networking opportunities, BAYMN FEST will be a place for young artists to share their work, meet their peers, acquire new tools, make their voices heard—and win cool prizes and media-making tools! It is a unique opportunity for youth, educators and the general public to celebrate the work of talented young media makers. We hope you will join us and be inspired.

The event is presented by BAYMN (Bay Area Youth Media Network), a consortium of nonprofit organizations that believe in the power of media as a means to engage youth voice, self-expression and empowerment and to inspire social change, and is sponsored by Adobe Youth Voices and the AT&T Foundation.

We are currently reviewing the 300 youth-produced videos that were submitted through our call for entries in a variety of categories including Science, Technology, & Innovation; Arts & Expression; and Social Justice & Community Engagement; and we will be putting together an exciting series of shorts programs that will screen throughout the weekend.

We are still in the process of locking in our schedule, which will include the film screenings, workshops, transmedia gallery, makerspace, youth performances, and our speaker series, but we wanted to give you some advance notice, so you can get this on your calendar and start to plan your participation in this amazing event.

We encourage you to mark your calenders.

And stay tuned for the formal announcement of the BAYMN FEST program, with links to the schedule and how to reserve tickets.

BAYMN FEST planners will be looking for volunteers to help out on both days -- please let me know if you are interested

Thanks, and see you in June!

Best,
Robyn

--