meeting minutes

Nicole Workman

Aug 25, 2011, 2:20:47 PM8/25/11
to somacommunit...@googlegroups.com

August 24, 2011

SOMA Safety Group Meeting

Attendance was low but the group settled on a few items, mainly to do with SAFE Haven.

Group members will be going door to door per business and ask them to partake in the Safe Haven Program,

Tasks:

Each person will take responsibility of a block within a grid that was agreed upon and ask businesses there if they would like to join us. They will then sign them up, create a mailing or email list, some type of phone tree and add them to a block map that we hope to develop for the area.

To create more visibility, it has been agreed upon that the Facebook page needs more activity; more members and we need endorsement. So the consensus is to step out and tell your neighbors about Safe Haven.

None of the other committee members showed up, hence we have no word on how they are doing. The group though decided to take Safe Haven, get it going and then take on other issues. It will be a one step at a time type of thing until we can get committed members who are willing to push the other committee into action.

A suggestion was made to create more media presence, approach the Mayor, Supervisor and the D.A.’s office, that aim will be for the near future, after all the footwork of having businesses to sign on this program is done.

jer...@livesoma.com

Aug 25, 2011, 2:36:22 PM8/25/11
to somacommunit...@googlegroups.com
I am on the Board for the South of Market Business Association, and I will speak with the rest of the board to see if we can shoot out an email blast to our members to try and drum up additional support. I can also reach out to some media contacts when needed to try and get a story going.

Jeremy

Nicole Workman

Aug 25, 2011, 2:38:17 PM8/25/11
to somacommunit...@googlegroups.com

Thank you so much Jeremy…much appreciated. That would help out a lot. Let me know if you need any help or materials.

Nicole Lee Workman

Public Safety Coordinator

San Francisco SAFE, Inc.

Safety Awareness For Everyone

Direct: (415)-553-1986

Nic...@sfsafe.org

www.sfsafe.org

5K Fun Run/Walk For SAFEty

SAFE is hosting our 3rd Annual 5K Fun Run/Walk for SAFEty on October 30, 2011.

Participants can run, walk, or join the stroller brigade.

Visit www.sfsafe5K.dojiggy.com for more information and to register yourself and/or your team.