Wireless Internet access in Culver City?

Mike Outmesguine

Dec 24, 2009, 1:29:09 PM12/24/09
to SOCA...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

As you know, I'm helping get http://crashspace.org set up and running
in Culver City.

We've run into a snag on internet access. The DSL company is saying
things like, we might could get you set up next year or something.

So, I'm thinking sign up for a local wireless ISP or maybe
piggybacking on something line of sight (with permission) for a month
or so.

I'm not too familiar with the area: the building, with roof access, is
located on 10526 Venice blvd. Culver City, CA 90232.

So my question is, does anyone here know a source, or have an idea, to
get internet access quickly set up? Quickly, as in, this weekend?

Note there is a budget for this!

Thanks!
-Mike

--
Mike Outmesguine

Connectedness:
www.twitter.com/mikeout
www.facebook.com/mikeout
www.linkedin.com/in/mikeout
www.wifi-toys.com
www.transstellar.com
SMS "mike" to 50500

Martin Madsen

Dec 24, 2009, 2:07:28 PM12/24/09
to soca...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

We can service you but minimum plans start at $395 for 3Mbit / 3Mbit with 1
year commit.

Doubt you are interested since you are looking for DSL.

Regards,

Martin Madsen
Bel Air Internet

Ph: 8184492626
Fx: 8183808175

http://www.belairinternet.com

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

Hi!

Thanks!
-Mike

--
Mike Outmesguine

believed to be clean.

believed to be clean.

Jonathan L. Kramer

Dec 24, 2009, 2:41:39 PM12/24/09
to soca...@googlegroups.com
Mike:

What about getting service from Time Warner cable? They offer static and
dynamic IP assignments for businesses, and they are likely to be your
fastest answer.

-Jonathan

____________________________
Jonathan L. Kramer, Esq.
Kramer Telecom Law Firm, P.C.
2001 S. Barrington Ave., Suite 306
Los Angeles, CA 90025-5379 USA
Tel: (310) 312-9900 x121
Fax: (310) 473-5900
www.TelecomLawFirm.com
www.CellularPCS.com

Notices: Privileged And Confidential Communication. This electronic
transmission, and any documents attached hereto, (a) are protected by the
Electronic Communications Privacy Act (18 USC §§ 2510-2521), (b) may contain
confidential and/or legally privileged information, and (c) are for the sole
use of the intended recipient named above. If you have received this
electronic message in error, you must immediately notify the sender and
delete the electronic message. Any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use
of the contents of the information received in error is strictly prohibited,
and not very nice, either. If you have received this communication in error,
please immediately notify us by telephone at (310) 312-9900 x121, delete
this message from your computer's memory, destroy all printed and copied
documents that contain this message, and utterly erase your entire mind.
Utinam barbari spatium proprium tuum invadant! IRS Circular 230 Disclosure:
To ensure compliance with IRS requirements, we inform you that any tax
advice contained in this communication (including any attachments hereto) is
not intended or written to be used-and cannot be used-for the purpose of (a)
avoiding tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code, or (b)
promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any matters addressed
herein. Basically, don't commit tax fraud. Those IRS goons will get you if
you do. Audio, video, disco. You? E-SIGN Notice: Unless specifically
indicated in the body of this message, none of the identifying marks
contained in this electronic message are intended by the writer to be an
'electronic signature' within the meaning of P.L. 106-229, Cal. Civil Code
1633.1 et seq, or any other galactic, federal, state, or local law. Num is
sum qui mentiar tibi?