Sorry if a little OffTopic

1 view

efb...@gmail.com

Apr 25, 2019, 6:37:17 PM4/25/19
to SOCALWUG
Web searches for satellite reveiver (RX) upgrades all very old ...

Now DirecTV is demanding new HW Updates.  Our R15- & R16-300 satellite RX's have distributable VHF outputs allowing receiver in another room.

NO ONE AT DTV will admit if new Genie / Genie-Mini are HDMI only.

Looking for a wizard OR URL to search for specs or photos of newer RXs.

Thank you for your patience.

 VR/  Everett Batey / efb...@gmail.com / Skype: wa6cre-10 +1-703-879-6471
    +1-805-616-2471 / G-Talk/Twitter: efbatey / CrisisLinks http://bit.ly/cw95Um

Visit SoCal Linux Expo. <http://www.socallinuxexpo.org/
 Q1-
201
9

Mike Outmesguine

Apr 25, 2019, 8:09:18 PM4/25/19
to soca...@googlegroups.com
WeakKnees.com is a DirecTV reseller that mods them with bigger hard drives. Their site shows the newer models and they're nice about including device details.

At the bottom of that page are the specs and a picture of the back panel. It shows that it has RCA composite video out, not VHF though.

The Genie is a DVR. It's model number is HR44.

BTW, nowadays, you can send video to other directv to other rooms using a directv wireless video bridge (one model is WVBR0-25).

-Mike

Everett Batey G

Apr 25, 2019, 9:00:44 PM4/25/19
to soca...@googlegroups.com
Mike,

Many BIG thnx.

Time coming I have to let DirecTV replace my R15- and R16-300's.  Only two of us left in the house.

I'd hate to have to run new coax to forward the fussy HDMI repeated signals thru my walls.
At 75, I've gotten old.

How is the world treating you?

 VR/  Everett Batey / efb...@gmail.com / Skype: wa6cre-10 +1-703-879-6471
    +1-805-616-2471 / G-Talk/Twitter: efbatey / CrisisLinks http://bit.ly/cw95Um

Visit SoCal Linux Expo. <http://www.socallinuxexpo.org/
 Q1-
201
9

Mike Outmesguine

Apr 25, 2019, 9:12:07 PM4/25/19
to soca...@googlegroups.com
Great! Thanks!

Use the wireless bridge. It works great and send HD video. I think it's its own wifi network too, so you don't use your internet bandwidth.

Also, you can get one Genie DVR and watch live tv and the saved recordings from a non-dvr directv receiver in the other rooms.

Wireless!