Ir al primer mensaje no leído

Davis Park

no leída,
14 ene 2010, 12:32:44 p.m.14/1/10
para
FYI, please forward. This event is tomorrow (sorry, I just got this myself). I was told that you should RSVP if you plan on attending.

And if you haven't already heard, LA's ARRA broadband proposal (LA-CAN) just got an award to provide Internet access and training to public computer centers throughout the City.

http://www.dailynews.com/news/ci_14186304

--davis.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Brian Johnson <bjoh...@adeql.org>
Date: Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 2:03 PM
Subject: Alliance for Digital Equality Broadband Empowerment Summit
To: dp...@ltsc.org
Cc: Toni Smalls <tsm...@adeql.org>

Dear Mr. Park

The Alliance for Digital Equality will host its 3rd Summit in California on January 15, 2010 at the University of Southern California’s Davidson Executive Conference Center. As The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) drafts the country’s first ever National Broadband Plan, ADE will convene a prominent mix of policymakers, thought leaders, and media to discuss the role of wireline and wireless broadband access and adoption in addressing some of the most critical issues facing underserved communities in our country today, such as access to a quality and affordable education, disparities in healthcare and economic development in low-income communities. The Summit will begin at 9:00 A.M. and conclude at 3:00 P.M.

Several powerful voices will be heard during this broadband summit including Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa, and Danny Bakewell, Sr., who will be delivering keynote speeches. Mayor Villaraigosa is the 41st Mayor of Los Angeles and Danny Bakewell is the Executive Publisher for the Los Angeles Sentinel. Tavis Smiley, noted PBS TV Host, author and activist, CNN Contributor, Mario Armstrong, and actor, author and activist, Hill Harper, will moderate the summit’s panel discussions. In addition, actor Malik Yoba and local radio personality Aundrae Russell will be in attendance to commentate on the panels.  The Alliance will also be recruiting members for its national Digital Empowerment Council.  The Council consists of over 400 members nationwide and is consistently growing as The Alliance continues on their mission of Bridging the Digital Divide.  If you are unable to join us in Los Angeles, please tune in to our live webcast during the event.  Visit our website at www.alliancefordigitalequality.org

http://i969.photobucket.com/albums/ae180/smw1068/PanelistEvite_email-2.jpg

Brian D. Johnson

Project Coordinator

The Alliance for Digital Equality

1447 Peachtree Street Suite 550

Atlanta, GA 30309

Office: (404) 815-4068

Cell: (334) 648-0453

bjoh...@adeql.org

--
Celebrating Little Tokyo Service Center's 30 years of Helping People, Building Community
Please join us for our 30th Anniversary Celebration Bash on July 30th, 2010!

Davis Park, Director of Community Technology Programs
Little Tokyo Service Center, a Community Development Corporation
213.473.1684
www.ltsc.org
www.littletokyounplugged.org
www.diskovery.org