SoCalif GSM Tethered success

Everett Batey

May 28, 2010, 11:03:11 AM5/28/10
to soca...@googlegroups.com
Recently reached combo of cell phone, cell app, computer, os, and software
to succeed at phone tethering and want to learn what you know.

Your carrier,
Their claimed Fair-Use-Policy
No tether,
Yes tether/data max 1GB/mo, 5GB/mo
Any down side experience with limits fees, shutdowns

Here: T-Mobile, MyTouch 3GS, HTC Droid 1.6, Standard data plan, PDANet
on Droid and Intel Mac Leopard. Not rooted.

I May only use limited BW on rare occasions . None of the T-Mobile-800
service techs have the same story, one rooted his phone and uses tethered,
one tells me it is PROHIBITED. T-Mobile web searches are full of old data in
the UK and nearly silent in the US, blogs I've found are old data.

Appreciate what you have learned. Will summarize to list if any interest. TIA.

Ev Batey / Skype: wa6cre-10 / efb...@gmail.com or wa6...@rabbitradio.org
(805) 616-2471 / Twitter.: efbatey / Crisis Links http://bit.ly/cw95Um