Fwd: Cancer, 4-Sim Globe Theatre closing, sLiterary builds free, Virtual Ownership and IC Open

Ina Centaur

May 27, 2011, 1:53:57 PM5/27/11
to slshak...@googlegroups.com, hamlet...@googlegroups.com, SLSC Twelfth Night Open Ended
Hi Everyone,

 Yesterday I finally let my virtual cancer out of the bag, with a
scheduled death date of June 3. Ina Centaur's account of over 100,000+
self-created inventory items is slated for deletion due to a somewhat
nontrivial unpaid tier payment. Primtings and Shakespeare are paid,
but it's impossible to raise enough for the other islands. The
nonpayment gets tied to the main account, and paying that back is
basically the only bail out of the virtual death penalty.
http://blog.inacentaur.com/2011/05/26/to-pay-or-not-to-be/

The fact that there is no way to back up entire sims without losing
prims, textures, and script functionality raises questions on
ownership of content created for Second Life. And, when you can't pay
tier, all your content -- including your inventory and avatar account
-- gets deleted... well, at least, I get the consolation that Linden
Lab views my content as "worth" at least whatever I owe in tier.

 According to the last Linden Lab Support Ticket I got on May 25, the
sLiterary sim is due for the deletion list on May 27. Many of you on
this list have expressed interest in the sLiterary sim builds. Well,
they're all up for grabs, if you can figure out how to grab 'em.

The 4-sim SL Globe Theatre is due to be demolished when we end up with
just Primtings and Shakespeare -- truthfully, with the increase in
tier, that's all that it's possible to raise the funds for virtually.
So, visit sLiterary and the 4-sim SL Globe one last time.

 Also, I think I'm ready for one step beyond OSAvatars. Since I posted
on my blog yesterday, many OpenSim startup's have sent their welcome
promo's and such along the lines of "a new home for your content."
That's kind, but... The big problem beyond somehow getting my account
bailed out, is that I don't have the time to port my content to
another grid. I wish I was a small army of hired guns, but I'm just
myself. So, I'm going to present the open offer. If you can port my
content out (any content with creator: Ina Centaur), you are free to
use it on OpenSim only.

Yes, to put it more bluntly, it's "IC Open" -- You're free to copybot
all of Creator: Ina Centaur's Second Life items for usage on OpenSim!
;-)

Go crazy! Save them all!

Ina Centaur X ... out of Second Life and doing something!