SLSC is *not* @ SL6B - But, Please Support Us!

Ina Centaur

Jun 21, 2009, 4:13:08 PM6/21/09
to slshak...@googlegroups.com, SLSC In Group, SLSC Twelfth Night Open Ended
The SL Shakespeare Company is barred from attending SL6B, and we ask
that you help "remember us" at SL6B, by rezzing a 1-prim statuette.

Long story condensed: "The SL6B Board has concluded that the SL
Shakespeare Company is less in-theme with 'the future of the
metaverse' than my other projects, and thus, Shakespeare was *not*
granted a parcel at SL6B... (Ina Centaur, June 17, 2009)"
Clarification: Though we are disappointed by their decree, we are
*not* staging a protest, but a "remember us" campaign.

Participation is voluntary, and easy -- on both setup and on the sim.
As shown in the diagnostic screenshots below, the 1-prim "remember us"
statuette takes up a bare minimal amount of sim resources a scripted
prim can take -- which is only about 0.003 ms; the script is only
touch-activated and is extremely low-lag. (You can also choose to
delete the script.) Textures are optimized for efficient loading, two
of its textures having been already widely circulated. Anyone can rez
a copy, wherever they want. The intent is purely positive and
supportive.

"Remember the SLSC" Statuettes are freely available @ Blackfriars
Theatre, Second Life and SL Globe Theatre, Second Life.
http://visit.SLshakespeare.com

You can rez a 1-prim statuette to help us. Please do!

Contact us @ production at SLshakespeare dot com for questions.
http://twelfthnight.slshakespeare.com/blog/2009/06/21/sl6b/