New Experimental On-Demand Run (ODR)

Ina Centaur

Oct 4, 2009, 3:23:01 PM10/4/09
to slshak...@googlegroups.com
Timing and Time. It's both the bread and bane of live theatre, but
here's one solution... We will now try something new, that is perhaps
only possible in a virtual theatre -- to solve the problem of timing!

For now on, all of our (main canon) shows will be available via
On-Demand Run (ODR) - where YOU get to set showdates and times.

If you can meet quorum for a particular date at least 3 weeks in
advance of showdate, you will get your show (and all for free, as in
beer)! (Or, if you can't meet quorum, you and/or your audience members
can pay an impensa to reserve a show...)

Details & Booking @ http://odr.slshakespeare.com

Ina Centaur

Oct 4, 2009, 3:47:47 PM10/4/09
to slshak...@googlegroups.com
Timing and publicity are two very important parts of a live
performance, and yet, sometimes we feel as if we’re impoverished in
both respects. We’re a resident-supported endeavor and we put in just
so much love into every production (too much!), but it’s always such a
pity that the timing and publicity doesn’t reach. For those lucky
enough to see a SL Shakespeare main canon production (so far, only
Hamlet or Twelfth Night), you know exactly what I mean when I say that
we endeavor to create the most memorable of experiences — and yet, the
show itself is as ephemeral as any live theatrical performance is, and
though many see it, so few see it! Once it’s over, it lives only in
people’s memories. Alas…

So, endeavoring to solve the problems of timing and publicity… Timing
- it seems like us setting dates just doesn’t work, so we’ll let you
do it. Publicity - it seems there’s a certain limit to our grassroots
network, so in exchange for you helping spread the love of SL
Shakespeare, we’ll perform exactly when you want it!

Sounds good? Then…

Behold… the details of this experiment (and, do please participate!):

The On-Demand Run (ODR) Program lets audience members designate
their own dates and times to see a live SL Shakespeare Company
production — as long as a QUORUM of 100 is met, the show will be set
(and will be free as in beer - though you may pay as you will) on said
date, at least 3 weeks in advance of when quorum is met; if a party
would like to see a show with fewer than quorum, they may pay (or
split to pay) an IMPENSA of L$100,000 to set the show.

Please post a thread to this ODR forum with the time, date, and
choice of your play - then get all your friends to reply to it to meet
quorum! (If you choose to pay the impensa, please state so somewhere
on the thread.)

AVAILABLE PLAYS for inaugural ODR Season:
Any scene from Hamlet
Any scene from Twelfth Night, or Twelfth Night Act 1
Any scene from King Lear

http://twelfthnight.slshakespeare.com/blog/2009/10/04/on-demand-run-tryout/