Fwd: Gard project to start Oct 20

AMY JO DUSICK

Oct 20, 2009, 10:58:19 AM10/20/09
to sl...@googlegroups.com
Greetings Preserve discussion list members,

I just received this note from Rhonda James, campus landscape architect. I will also post this notice to the Preserve website.

The Robert E. Gard Storyteller’s Circle project, on Muir Knoll, will break ground tomorrow, Tuesday October 20, 2009.

The concrete reservoir will be broken up on site and the rubble placed in the existing hole. The site will be covered with topsoil and graded to meet the slope. The site will then be planted with a woodland seed mix. In order to demolish the reservoir, one black locust along Observatory Drive, and two small hedge maples will be cut down. Branch removal will be necessary on one sugar maple.

The existing overlook plaza will be removed and a new storyteller’s circle (circular wall with bench seating) will be built in its place.

During construction Muir Knoll will be fenced and inaccessible. The stairs and path through Muir Woods to the lakeshore path will remain open—although a path detour will be necessary. Construction is expected to be complete by mid June 2010.

For information contact Rhonda James, rja...@fpm.wisc.edu or 263-3032