SGC Methow 2023 - Update 2/27/2023

bpatt...@gmail.com

Mar 10, 2023, 1:12:43 AM3/10/23
to SGC Discussion

I sent this out a couple weeks ago but just in case you missed it or I missed you, here it is:

2023 Methow Update #2

Feb 27, 2023, 8:43PM

Hello Glider Friends!

SIGNUP TIME & DATE:  April 20, Thursday, 7pm, SGC Web Site

EVENT DATES: Saturday, June 17 first tows & 0930 daily safety briefing to Saturday, June 24 last tows.

Many more details to follow but mostly the same as last year.  Next update will go out early April with details for signing up, costs, etc.

I am considering 0900 daily educational discussions with our most experienced pilots. Not required but should be entertaining.

* Everyone will require an area-safety-briefing given by one of the above pilots if no prior Methow event experience.

Note:

ACCOMODATIONS: The Methow Valley is a popular vacation destination and gets booked up very early.  I would suggest you book now and cancel if you can’t come.  Consider VRBO or Air BnB for a house for several pilots or motel rooms either in Twisp or Winthrop, etc.  If you are willing to go fancy then Sun Mountain Resort is five-star, super nice, and as a bonus you may see our gliders overflying the resort during the afternoons.  Book early.  For RV’s there are no hook ups on the field but there is some limited space for dry-camp RV’ing or tents. An RV park is available in Winthrop with the usual amenities.

(I will be parked on the field near the hangar and have arranged for power since I need to be there..)

I already have three rooms reserved for our tow pilots at the Sportsman Motel in Twisp.

As in prior communications:

All participants and pilots taking part in this activity accept that flying gliders involves risk and the above entities (Clubs), officers, organizers, volunteers, and tow pilots associated with this event shall be indemnified and assume no liability for any damages or injuries suffered in connection directly or indirectly with this event. When you sign up you fully accept these terms.

Thanks,

Brad

--

Brad Pattison