Declined nomination to SGC Board of Directors

Alex

Dec 10, 2022, 9:17:14 PM12/10/22
to Sgc_News
Someone (I know not who) nominated me for this election cycle to the SGC
Board of Directors. Regrettably, I had to decline the nomination: I've
already been elected (drafted??) president of WVSC for 2023, and I don't
think I could give both jobs together the attention they each deserve.

Since the nomination was anonymous, I figure posting here is the only
way to let the person know that I appreciated their thoughtfulness,
rather than just rejecting the idea.

I've benefited enormously from and believe strongly in the value of the
Seattle Glider Council for the entire multi-state/province PNW soaring
community, and I hope, as part of the WVSC leadership, to strengthen
ties with SGC.

With that said, there are great candidates running for the SGC BoD this
year, so please do cast your votes!

                Best regards, and see y'all at the Dust Up!

                    -Alex
                    Mosquito "VNE"
                    Willamette Valley Soaring Club
                    Portland, Oregon