XC camp week question

brian...@hartcraft.com

Jun 11, 2024, 9:28:03 AMJun 11
to sgc_...@googlegroups.com

How do I get word to everyone that might plan to fly at Ephrata the first week of July that all are welcome at our camp but that the cooking facilities—appliances and refrigerators/freezers—will be strictly reserved for the meals we are providing for all that attend?

It strikes me that there may be folks that intend to come out and fly—and they are most welcome—because we will have two tow planes & pilots, but the only way I can manage the week is if all non-juniors that will be there register using the adult (free) registration form so we know who will be there getting tows. We welcome everyone, but if we have 10 extras besides those already registered show up unannounced expecting to use the refrigerator and get tows, we could come up short on tow capacity. Many glider pilots would be a good problem to have, so this is not about denying anyone access to the venue or event.

But I do need to figure out exactly where to post this to ensure that everyone that will be there actually registers. As noted, there is no event fee for adults; we just hope that adults will donate something toward the cost of food. We will be cooking for a crowd, and few extras is not a big deal—but we do not want to come up short!

Thanks!

Brian Hart, Sr.
HartCraft
(360) 772-0613

Jeff Banks

Jun 13, 2024, 9:30:06 AMJun 13
to sgc_...@googlegroups.com
Brian
I need an adult registration link
It seems the links thru SSA registration are not working for me
Sincerely
Jeff Banks
Sent from my iPhone

brian...@hartcraft.com

Jun 13, 2024, 9:43:21 AMJun 13
to sgc_...@googlegroups.com

Yeah…the SSA links do not ask for the right information. They are really for contests, and they do not have a usable camp-week registration link.

Here is my adult registration link for the XC camp: https://forms.gle/2XQMURDz84k4Vf9bA. All are welcome to attend all the training sessions for free.

Feel free to distribute this as widely as possible, since this is open to all; we just need the head count, and everyone needs to know the refrigerator and stove/oven will be 100% dedicated to the camp meal food & preparation. Adults can just make a donation toward food, since we are formally providing all meals for everyone but also not formally charging an event fee for adults.

Thanks!

Brian Hart, Sr.
HartCraft
(360) 772-0613