AOPA Legislative Alert – Help us defeat a Bill harmful to airports!

stephen northcraft

Mar 11, 2023, 1:07:20 PM3/11/23
to SGC News

A bill to impose additional and unnecessary environmental red tape on Washington airports and pilots has been called for a hearing in the Senate Environment, Energy, and Technology Committee on Wednesday, March 15, 2023.

Help us DEFEAT this bill by clicking the link: https://app.leg.wa.gov/csi/Senate

    Select Committee “Energy, Environment, and Technology Committee”

    Select Meeting “03/15/2023 8am”

    Select “ESHB 1554 Lead Impacts”

    Select “I would like my position noted for the legislative record”

    When the form opens, select Position “Con”

    Fill in your personal information

    Click the box “I am not a robot”

    Click “Submit” button to transmit registration

AOPA is requesting that you register your CON position because this bill:

    Imposes new and unnecessary lead-related requirements on airports through the Washington state Department of Transportation, Aviation Division

    There is already good progress being made on a nationwide solution to replace leaded avgas.

Let us be clear, AOPA fully supports getting lead out of our aviation fuel and we are making progress, but it must be done in a safe and smart way in a nationally orchestrated manner.  Washington state pilots and airports are counting on you to help defeat ESHB 1554 to ensure the continued health and vitality of the Washington state general aviation ecosystem.

Thank you,

Brad Schuster

AOPA Northwest Mountain Regional Manager

Sent from Mail for Windows

ton...@comcast.net

Mar 12, 2023, 1:12:34 PM3/12/23
to SGC Discussion
I sent an email to my legislators a some time ago about this. One of my legislators is a sponsor of the bill!!

Tony P