Registration for Dust Up and Ideas for Accommodation

ton...@comcast.net

Apr 28, 2024, 5:30:33 PMApr 28
to SGC Discussion
We currently have 23 registrants for Dust Up. If you are planning to come, now is a good time to sign up.

As you all have heard, accommodation will be tight this year. We can use this forum to pass ideas and information back and fourth. First off, the bunks in the Learning Center are for tow pilots first. That will leave some open spaces, but I don't know how they will be allocated. The RV sites at the Oasis is also full for the weekend.  All 12 RV sites at the airport are held by season holders, however, some may not be there for the event, so it pays to call the individuals to see if a spot is being used for this weekend.

Matt Coleman and Mark Schiller has done some research in the matter. Mark found the tent sites at the Oasis RV park. Those that were going to car camp should check this out NOW. I believe it is $28/night. He also found some tent sites in Soap Lake, but they are $68/night.

Matt Coleman found some accommodation using AirBnb and VRBO. Here is a copy of his message:

"I’ve found an AirBnB in Soap lake that can accommodate 2 RV hook ups and two dry RV camping spots.  It is on the same property as a handful of connected ‘cabins’. It’s not glamorous but is very economical and would be a good to have like minded people in one area.

I’ve emailed the property host.  They know we may have a group. I haven’t discussed group rates. I did tell them if it works out there could more renters headed their way this summer for other SGC events.

If there is interest from other SGC members, I’ll book one of the cabins. I don’t have the bandwidth to be everyone’s personal concierge, so individual booking is best.

I can shotgun this property out to the members if people are interested."

If this is of interest, contact Matt.

If anyone finds some accommodation for themselves that has room for others, please share the information.

Tony Puglisi

On Apr 14, 2024, at 11:08 PM, Seattle Glider Council <SeattleGli...@wildapricot.org> wrote:

Seattle Glider Council Dear Matthew, On behalf of the SGC Board, I am writing to explain some fresh challenges that our club is facing. Please read the information below carefully and completely. Your Board …
… I know they're eager to get you into the air soon, and enjoy all of the fine soaring that Ephrata has to offer. We'll see you out there! --Noel & the SGC Board sgcb...@seattleglidercouncil.org Unsubscribe

Chris Klix

Apr 29, 2024, 10:26:57 AMApr 29
to Sgc_News
Correction to what Tony wrote below.  Please don’t call individual RV season holders.  You should instead contact Facil...@SeattleGliderCouncil.org to check if there are any short term or weekly RV spaces available. Nan and I have been in communication with all of the RV season holders and are coordinating with them to maximize the use of these spaces. We have opened up the payment system for short term and weekly spaces on the SGC website, however, while on the site, before making any payment, scroll down and read our instructions about first contacting us to see if there is any space available.

Chris Klix
SGC Board

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

jim mcneil

Apr 30, 2024, 11:23:01 AMApr 30
to sgc_...@googlegroups.com

Apr 30, 2024, 1:02:01 PMApr 30
to sgc_...@googlegroups.com
Given that Ephrata RV Park & Campground is nearby and has availability, I looked at RV rentals.  There are RVs available to rent in the area that can be delivered, set up and removed by the owner as a service.  If two or three people went in together on, say, a 30' travel trailer the costs would be something like $150 / night per person all up.

Is anyone interested in doing this?  Please email me separately if so.

Spencer

On Monday, April 29, 2024 at 7:26:57 AM UTC-7 Chris & Nan Klix wrote:

--
Spencer Moore
Enterprise Project Manager

Sara & Mark Schiller

james cooper

Apr 30, 2024, 5:51:49 PMApr 30
to sgc_...@googlegroups.com
Another option:

Looks like some tent sites are still available. Rooms are booked out. Haven't checked RV sites.